Meeting TM members in person

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kevin Whiting, Nov 6, 2015.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Meeting Gary in Dayton with the EBQ was great. His Martin is SWEET and Gary certainly knows how to get everything out of it. But for having passengers with me.... ! :-( I do have a video (heh heh :evil:) but it's with a flip phone, so it's flip phone quality. Almost got to meet Bochawa when in Toronto a few years ago, but alas, my wife only heard. "... I met him on the internet..."!! ROFL Her mind hasn't changed so any other meets have to be on the down low. :roll:

2. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    I dunno man! She might be right. :evil: Good thing you didn't tell her I'm a public school music teacher. You would have been B lining it to the border. ROFL Anyway, the invitation still stands.

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    We loved Toronto!!! The underground city was awesome and when it wasn't 8 degrees it was nice out! It didn't help that I told her you were a Conn man! :roll: We know a kid attending VCU that's studying biomedical engineering from Toronto. Kids brilliant and quickly tired of the aye jokes, aye!! :roll:

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    PHP:
    That will work great as my flight gets in at 7:30 am.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yes they too will pass and at that time I will have a Harrelson in my hand.

tobylou8 likes this.
  6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I met the good doctor, Gary Monady when his jazz group was playing in Detroit. A truly exception musician with a total control of his horn. Brilliant musical ideas! His mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

I have met many other members through ITG conventions.

7. cfkid

cfkid Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    I guess I'm just chopped liver. How many 44 year old horn players with CF have you met, doc? *sniff, sniff*

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh no.You were included with the Ohio batch I mentioned. Way too many names to post on one thread. However you were by far the o e with the best respiratory clearance technique. Loved meeting your son as well.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And then there was Kingtrumpet who came all the way from upstate New York to hear my band play in Cleveland. We had our own personal trumpet hang out of the trunk of his car during a break on that occasion.

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Did you leave him in there??? Where's he been???