Meeting TM members in person

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kevin Whiting, Nov 6, 2015.

1. LaTrompeta

LaTrompeta Forte User

May 3, 2015
    Colorado Springs
    Well, I met Ivan at the ITG in 2013. But he's a public figure, so that should not be too surprising.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe he still remains locked in the back trunk of the car along with the horns. Word on the street is a deer tried to ram the car but to no avail as it appears his posts have been "trunkated".

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    In his honor! ROFLROFLROFL

Vulgano Brother likes this.
  4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh deer!ROFLROFLROFL

5. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Oh, HERE is that thread! Hi Kevin (whom I sat next to in rehearsal tonight, man that cat can play in tune!) and everyone else.

I met Robin, Tom, Dale, and Gary on a tour of the South. It was a three-purpose trip: visit high school classmates, visit friends in Atlanta, and visit some of you and show you what a nice horn is really like. :-)

Had lots of fun meeting everyone. There is also a "trumpet hang" of which I am a co-host, each spring in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, northwest of Chicago. The other host, his house is a couple blocks from the Glen Ellyn Metra stop. I keep telling myself I'll try that one year, but then I always chicken out because I want to bring too many things!

I'll visit anyone who is willing to pick me up from Amtrak and supply a bed, just let me know. :-)

Lots of fun!

Tom

6. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    Really enjoying hanging with my new bud Tom. He is bringing a different Buescher to each rehearsal. Love getting to see these really cool Buescher trumpets! NICE HORNS!

Tom, next week, the 1946 Olds Super is showing up.

Kevin

7. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    last i heard, youre not allowed to carry concealed laserbeams...do you have your proper permit?ROFL

8. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    Not sure if I have the chops to turn this into an actual laser beam. But - I will check the local codes. I certainly would not want to hurt anybody.

Kevin

9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Kevin,
    You are allowed to take exception to, and hurt the Clarinet and Sax players in front of you,,,,not only allowed, but expected.

Great to see the opening to the thread is now resolved - not only met, but played with a TM member..
    Cheers

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    wow --- so easily -- you forgot your meeting with Kingtrumpet in Cleveland --- and our duet in the parking lot ------- ROFL ROFL ROFL ((oh well, maybe I will put own spin to answer this post))

I have talked with some Wayne guy from NJ, and exchanged some email ----- the guy in my community band that sat next to me was a member "Eric.." --- but in real life, he was nothing like his posts ---- and there was some guy I met in Ohio one time------ now that guy, was a lot shorter than he claimed on TM ------- and I am not sure he was who he claimed to be anyhow --- ROFL ROFL ROFL