Merry Christmas One & All

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trumpetmike, Dec 24, 2004.

1. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Merry Christmas

Glad that we are back in time to say that :)

Hope everyone has a great day, wherever you are.

I have a feeling I won't be getting the present I want (unless Leigh has been building me something special), but it can wait until next year.

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Snowbound!

My wife is the pastor of our church and I am the minister of music. But we had nearly 28" of snow in Southern Indiana. The roads are unsafe so we had to call off Christmas Eve services.

It feels strange. You rehearse for months and get snowed out. Plus, not being in church for Christmas Eve hasn't happened to me since college. Strange.

I hope all have a great holiday.

Jim

3. londonhusker

londonhusker Guest

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  4. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Happy Festivus all!!

5. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    we hardly have any snow. We got some today around midday, but not really much.
    I bet the sledders will be dashing for the hill around here to rip it up....
    they went sledding with a half inch on the ground! :dontknow:

6. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    We are still under a technical state of emergency. Still the sledders here were having having great fun. We rarely get this much snow and have it cold enough for good sledding. But today ... and more snow tomorrow.

Jim

7. lonelyangel

lonelyangel Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2003
    London
    Just thought I'd drop in and use this thread to wish everybody here on TM a very Merry Christmas and all the best for a peaceful and prosperous New Year.

I know that some of you have been wondering where I have got to over the last few months. Well I have been keeping an eye on things as and when I can get to an internet cafe. I am still not on line at my new place but that situation should be resolved in the New year and I look forward to taking a more active role on this forum in the near future.

2004 has been a wonderful and challenging year for me personally and professionaly having had the opportuninty to play in 3 major London based musicals - On Your Toes, including a two month tour of Japan, A Funny Thing happened on the Way To the Forum, featuring my debut on Herald Trumpet (although thankfully I didn't have to wear a toga!) and since October i have been playing lead trumpet in the award winning London version of Mel Brook's smash hit show, The Producers. This looks set for a lengthy run at the Theatre Royal and is a real thrill to play (even after 80 shows without a break. Incidentally, if you are going to come and see the show in London, do send me a PM and if I am playing that evening I might be able to arrange to meet up after the show.

I have also been lucky enough to play a couple of seasons at Ronnie Scotts club with Tim garland's dean street Underground orchestra and the Georgie Fame Big Band - alongside some of my musical heroes such as Derek Watkins, Gerrarad Presencer and Ken Wheeler - so my jazz chops have also had a pretty good workout too. Perhaps the musical highlight of the year for me was when i was booked to record the music for the new Mr Ben cartoon. Now this may not mean much to stateside TMers but anybody my age or younger in the UK will have grown up with the adventures of Mr Ben. This is the first new episode for 35 years and will be broadcast on New Years day on Nickelodian. The music was composed by Duncan Lamont (the English Stan Getz and one of the sweetest guys on the planet) and it was an honour and a dream come true to take part in this project - especially considering that Kenny Wheeler was the trumpet player on the original sessions back in 1969. There is talk of a whole new series and a possible feature film in the pipe line.

I can't finish this without pausing to give my thanks to Leigh at FCB for his friendship and support during 2004. it has been a wonderful experience to continue working with all the team at Eclipse trumpets over the last year, which has seen the expansion and refinement of the Bflat range as well as the launch of the sensational C trumpets and the Flugelhorns. Next year promises to be just as exciting and my own instruments seem to get better and better the more I play them.

Anyway, please forgive my indulgence, I just wanted to send seasonal greetings to everybody in the TM family. Merry Christmas. Noel.

8. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Great to hear from you Noel!

I saw a Funny Thing, which was excellent, and hope to see the Producers if I can get seats!

As for Mr Ben - that was my childhood! Pity I don't have Nickelodeon.

Happy Christmas everyone, and have a great new year too.

Jack.

9. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Well, that's two of us who know what he's on about :D

I can just imagine many of the readers currently sitting there :dontknow:

Any ideas whether it is going to be shown on real telly?

10. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Pianissimo User

Hi Noel,

Have only found this thread now!! doh!!! Did get to the Producers on 26th November.. fantastic show!! Enjoyed it and the sounds the band made very much. Hope you were on that night, if not, pass on my regards to the chaps who were.
    Hope you and all TM folk had a good christmas!

I was about to post a good new year wish to everyone but it seems inappropriate given recent events in the far east.

One hopes for a peaceful new year anyway.

Mr Ben. WOW!!!