Method books

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dylan1, Nov 5, 2014.

1. dylan1

dylan1 Pianissimo User

Oct 10, 2011
    Des anyone know of any good method books that is on the Internet and a pdf file?

2. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Just type in "trumpet method pdf" in your search engine. My favorite is Dogpile Web Search ; I like it better than Google, and it includes Google results.

3. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
  4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    To learn what? Breathing, Body use, Mental exercizes? Cleaning instruments, Assembling a music stand, putting batteries in a metronome?

5. Brass_of_all_Trades

Brass_of_all_Trades New Friend

Sep 8, 2014
  6. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    The Arban is choc full goodness, in fact there's so much goodness that some guidance is needed to step through exercises appropriate to your level (and level of ambition). The above-mentioned Eric Bolvin has a book available as hard copy or a pdf download the provides a sequence that you can follow.
    The Arban Manual - Bolvin Music Studios - still not a substitute for a good teacher, but certainly very helpful.

It's not free, but at $12.95, you just need to find one "nugget" its pages and the investment will have paid dividends.

Tobylou, thanks for the reminder about Balquhidder music. I had a browse there and found myself a nugget (and coughed up for a book ++++postage to Oz).

7. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    I believe Cichowicz flow studies are available on the Internet somewhere.

8. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    What I have found in the past were his "Long Tone" studies, misnamed "Flow Studies".