metronome/is yours the best?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crowmadic, Nov 29, 2006.

1. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    I really don't like juggling with the pendulum type metronomes. I'm told the Seiko sq 70 is good, and loud. Can you TM cats & chicks tell me about your favorite metronome?

2. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Dr. Beat DB88. Loud. Multiple voices (3), incliding a "Richard Simmons" (so named by a student), measure length from 1 beat per bar to 8 beats per bar, adjustable subdivisions and bar accents, asymmetric bar lengths, loop, tune, tap function (I can tap a tempo and it indicates it), programmable memory up to 6 settings for both metronome and tuning. Toothbrush not included.

3. Thermos

Thermos Pianissimo User

Jul 15, 2006
  4. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I got the best!!...............................for me.

Dr. Beat has them all beat.

Dr. Beat DB-12 is what I have but then there is the model farther up on the line, DB-88.

Check it out:

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/DB-88/

Liad Bar-EL

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thermos,

That metronome doubletimes everything which is fine as long as you know that.

ML

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    I just tried the online metronome Thermos suggested. Online latency seems to be an issue (at least on this computer, anyway). It would not maintain a steady pulse for me.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I designed my own with a couple of integrated circuits. Important was a loud beeper so that we could use it for ensemble work. I looked all over for a finished product-they were all to quiet and I didn't want to have to take active speakers with me.
    For my own personal practice, I have a program loaded on my Palm Treo (Metro Pro Version 0.4.0) that does a great job.

8. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    So far the choices are juggling with the pendulum type metronomes which as I recall you need a level place to put them in order for them to work properly and to carry them around require another bag in your hands besides your trumpet, mutes, music stand, music, lunch, stereo tape/radio/CD player on your shoulder fully loaded with 8 – 10 C batteries for background music while you are playing.

The other choice is to have all of the above minus the "juggling pendulum type metronome" in a bag and in its place you have a computer with 19" screen with tubes (less costly) with a portable generator on wheels for electricity or a fully charged lap top strapped to your breaking back while walking with your buckling knees.

The other choice is to have none of the above but only a Boss Co. Dr. Beat metronome tucked in your shirt pocket with or without headphones to listen to that beat and if you do not want to carry it during use, there is a hole to fill with a pencil/pen to prop it up.

Liad

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Or a freeware programm for your cell phone - then you don't need to take ANY extra unit or battery!

10. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Good one.

We'll go together and you carry the cell phone.:D

Liad