metronome/is yours the best?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crowmadic, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Thermos

Thermos Pianissimo User

Jul 15, 2006
    eh? what do you mean by double times? I set it to 60 and i get one click per second... isn't that normal?

Also, regarding it lagging, I think that depends not on internet latency but on what processes you have running on your computer/if you use your computer at any time. For example, if I alt tab, it will lose a portion of a beat- but I won't be alt tabbing/browsing internet/etc while playing ;)

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I still think my Seth Thomas pendulum metronome is sexy - even if it doesn't keep even time anymore.............

3. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    Manny, Which one are you referring to, DB88 or DB-12?

4. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    rowuk,
    is your metronome design too lengthy to post here? If not, instructions to build one could be useful.......thanks

5. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    crowmadic,

If you really want to build a good one, buy the DB-88 and the DB-12, disassemble them, reconstruct one with the features suited to your use. Of course, you should first take a two year course in the Cleveland Institute of Electronic Technology if you have not already. It is a very simple course and you should be able to finish it in 9 months if you have nothing else to do.

Liad Bar-EL

6. green_eagle18

green_eagle18 Pianissimo User

Jun 25, 2006
    Denton, TX.

lol. that one always crack me up. I do like the Dr. Beat as my metronome/tuner of choice.

7. John P

John P Piano User

Jun 16, 2006
    Camp Hill, PA