MF Horn 4 & 5 (Live at Jimmy's)

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by trpguyy, Feb 13, 2005.

1. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    It has come to my attention that MF Horn 4 & 5, which includes some of Maynards "best playing" has never been rereleased onto CD. It just so happens that I have the records in practically mint condition. My question is this:

Would anyone be opposed to me remastering the tracks and putting the MP3s online for you all to download?

I wouldn't charge any money, but I'd accept donations for my time and effort. I realize that this probably violates copyright laws, but seeing as it's not on the market, and I'm not getting rich, I don't see what's wrong with it.

If you guys are interested, please let me know.

2. R.A.S.

R.A.S. Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    I'm doing it the other way.
    A trombone player at my church is bringing me the album, along with other Ferguson, Chase, etc. so I can record onto cassette.
    Copyrights are there for a reason!
    (Don't take this as "holier than thou" -
    it's just my policy.)

3. jazz_trpt

jazz_trpt New Friend

Jan 28, 2004
    Champaign, Illinois, USA
    (Either way it's a violation of copyright.)

You never know when they'll decide to re-release old material. I hear "New Vintage" is out on CD now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I don't get it! What is more "ok" about this :-?

5. tptwannabe

tptwannabe New Friend

Jun 3, 2004
    New York, NY
    I'd pay for one. I have the album too, but not in mint condition, and I don't have the capability to burn it to CD.

6. R.A.S.

R.A.S. Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    What I meant was that the trombone player in my church is bringing me a newer (cleaner) album of MF IV& V.
    I own the album, therefore I can record it once on a cassette.
    What's wrong with getting a "like new" sound from recording Pete's record?

7. jazz_trpt

jazz_trpt New Friend

Jan 28, 2004
    Champaign, Illinois, USA
    If you've already got a copy, that's a different can of worms. I think. Maybe not, technically, but in a practical sense...

8. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    It's not that I wouldn't be interested, but I would probably pass due to the legal issues involved.

9. RKerch11

RKerch11 New Friend

Sep 6, 2005
    It is extremely unfortunate that this album was never released on CD because it contains possibly THE BEST recording of MacArthur Park that I've ever heard Maynard play. The high a's are simply to DIE for and the B on the end is just SICK. I think at one point I downloaded that cut onto one of my old computers or something and it's been lost to me for good. It's truly a shame cause that track makes the entire LP.