Michael Buble'/Chris Botti "SONG FOR YOU"

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Oct 6, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I got called to play at a fundraising event for Hurricane relief and I was asked to do a duet with a local priest who is an outstanding musician. I have a hard time saying no to this guy since he and I are very close friends, not to mention he really is an outstanding musician and is a gas to play with.

He wants to do the Michael Buble/Chris Botti arrangement of “SONG FOR YOU†and I wondered if anyone has taken the time to transcribe the trumpet solos from this tune. To be honest I don’t know the tune and I was given a piano score that simply says, “trumpet ad libâ€.

For him I’ll go buy the CD tomorrow and see what is so great about this tune. I just thought if it is as great as he says it is that somebody might have already transcribed it. If so, please drop me an Email.

By the way, I’m supposed to do 3 tunes. It is all background music for dinner so I decided to do “What a Wonderful World†and “When it’s Sleepy Time Down Southâ€, both ala Louis Armstrong. I figured that the people from New Orleans could relate to the music of Satchmo, and it would be a nice tribute to a local favorite son! Since Padre' asked me to play with him, I'm going to ask him to sing with me. That way we do a 3 song set together.