Michigan trumpeters

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Sauer, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Word.

(Ok, Interlochen, but we went to TC on the weekends!)

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Lifer here,

Born in Detroit, still live in metro area, summer place in Caseville, relatives in Bay City, Saginaw, sailed in Mac races, been to most ports on Lake Huron, Mackinac Island is cool to sail to, but not to visit, I like the Pictured Rocks, Petoski stones, Tahquamenon Falls, Traverse City is COOL, as is Boyne Mountain, Houghton Lake ice fishing, the Yankee Air Force museum, Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum, U of M, that other school, MSU (mooooo) Interlochen, the Fox Theatre, Orchestra Hall, one of the best, Battle Creek and Tony the Tiger, the AL Champion Tigers, the Red Wings, (we won't mention the decades long hapless football team, more water and lakes than you can shake a stick at and WALLEYES....

Yeah, Michigan is just fine thank you!

This message brought to you by the Michigan Department of Tourism.

-cw-

3. tennis_the_menace

tennis_the_menace Pianissimo User

Jan 11, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    I live in Lansing.
    I go to Grand Ledge Public Schools.
    Man....I love living in Michigan.........it is sooo nice here.:-)

4. robertwhite

robertwhite Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    I grew up in TC, but haven't been there in years. My folks are in Grand Rapids now, and the girlfriend is in Rochester. Hoping to vacation a bit this summer up north, though! Harbor Springs is a favorite place of mine.

Pistons fan for life.

5. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    must be nice

6. Mikester

Mikester New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    MI
    Beautiful Grand Haven.
    4 summers at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp.
    UofM Marching, Hockey, & Basketball Bands.
    Life long Meeechigander.

7. Tooter Tutor

Tooter Tutor New Friend

Feb 3, 2007
    Hudsonville, Michigan
    I'm a native Grand Rapidian, transplanted to NY for the last twenty three years, moving back to the Hudsonville area real soon!

I'm also a Spartan, but when U of M plays Ohio State, I am loyal to my state!

Went to BLFAC as a kid, taught at BLFAC later, played in the GR Symphony, the Lansing Symphony, etc.

Looking forward to sailing Macatawa and Muskegon Lakes, as well as Michigan.

We'll all have to have a "grand" trumpet conference up at Mackinaw Island some time soon! "Play Loud and Prosper!"

OOUUTT,

8. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    hope the weather over there is ok next week. i'm soloing with the cheboygan high school jazz band on wednesday night... stop in if anyone is in that neighborhood...

cool.
    -Kelly

9. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Yeah I miss my be-loved Michigan....

I was displaced when the economy turned to crap and had to find employment elesewhere... So I'm in Georgia at the moment but I'm coming home next week.

Life long Michigander... GO BLUE baby! The wife is alumni at that Other school in Lansing.

Grew up downriver; in Riverview and own a home in Flat Rock. Love Michigan summers and hate Michigan winters! Living in Georgia for two years I'm sure will even deepen my hatred of winter!

I miss Olympia, Tiger Stadium, they were great places. Love the Red Wings and pull for the other teams when I can. I heard we even have a pro-football team but I have rarely seen anything resembling that level of play coming out of Detroit in my life time; or Pontiac for that matter!

It will be good to hang at Cobo Joes downtown for a Redwings game or "The Post" Maybe take-in a show at the masonic temple theater or the fox. And how could I forget the Hockey town cafe!

Hey Chuck; I think I miss the place! See ya soon! :-)

10. The Royal Lancer

The Royal Lancer New Friend

Oct 11, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    sorry, double entry

Jack

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007