Mike Sachs Daily Fundamentals for the Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dizforprez, Sep 29, 2004.

1. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Has any one else checked out his book daily fundamentals for the trumpet?

The book includes 3 chapters covering warm-up, Arban’s exercises and solo repertoire.

The warm up chapter is very in-depth covering all aspects of fundamentals with a variety of approaches to each exercise. This chapter combines numerous exercises from various sources into a straight forward warm-up and fundamental routine. And he even has suggested routines in the back!

There is a lot more as well but I don’t want to give to much away! :wink:

I feel this is a must have for every trumpet player.

2. riffdawg2000

riffdawg2000 Pianissimo User

Jan 9, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Been there, done that ... use it everyday! Great Book .... Mark doesn't like the 'Lip Buzz' exercises .... but I do! Helps keep a closed lip setting ... and gets the blood flowing to the lips first thing! :)

-Joel

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    yeah i dont like lip buzzing either. i have not spoken to Mark about the book but i did not think he would be a fan of lip buzzing. For now I use the Sachs stuff to supplement Mark's assignements and i feel it pretty much is an extenstion of what i am already working on with Mark.

thanks for giving me the heads up on this book Joel,

jason

4. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I love that book, I have all my students buy it, and we work out of it quite a bit. I also love his Mahler Symphonies Complete Parts book, it's a great aid not just for the symphonies, but also with general trumpet practicing. Great stuff!!