Miles stamp

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by A.N.A. Mendez, Jun 24, 2012.

1. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
  2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    oh, but look at his posture. A serious trumpeter indeed. He is putting everything into it!

3. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I bought 2 sheets. He played a nice horn ( mine ! ).

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I saw that someplace earlier this week. I thought it was curious to put two artists on one stamp (seems to me that each deserves a stamp unto themselves) but it achieves some kind of almost film noir cool.

Actually, I could dig a poster of that for my wall. I'm inclined to B&W 50s type photo posters, anyway. I would hope that sooner or later, the poster gremlins get a'hold of the idea and print up some high quality reproductions.

Regarding Piaf, for anyone interested in her life, there's a superb bio-pic, "La vie en rose", with an astonishing job of acting in the lead role, by Marion Cotillard.

5. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    The stamps are individual. You get 10 Miles and 10 Edith on a 20 stamp sheet for $9.00 plus tax.

6. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    They'll be a lot cooler when they get discontinued :)

7. TerryR

TerryR Pianissimo User

Jun 3, 2012
    Quakertown PA
    There shouldn't be any sales tax on US stamps...(I sell stamps for a living)

8. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    Put the Miles stamp on a standard letter and mail it to his last known address. You might get it back as " return to sender ". Then it might be collectible.

9. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii
    Very nice tribute!

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Hahaha ..... I thought at first that it was a double stamp, too. He's playing right to her and she's reacting to his playing ("Oh, it's heavenly", she's saying). :lol:

Nice looking Miles stamp. I would so much rather see a musician on the letter containing my royalty check (dream on:roll:) than a president or head of state.

Turtle