Miners - left letters for families

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Alex Yates, Jan 5, 2006.

1. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    God bless all the people hurt by this!

They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lara

2. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    It looks like, from what the article said, that at least they did not die in agony. I think that in itself is something to be thankful for.
    -Jimi

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Jimi, you are correct. If you had ever been exposed to CO you'd know that it is painless. The CO not only displaces the O2 in the blood stream, but prevents O2 from being absorbed.

CO is colourless, odourless, and tasteless. Your first clue will be drowsiness and lassitude accompanied by a headache. The brain just quietly dies. The victims were obviously trained and knew this and able to recognize the symptoms.

I feel very sorry for the victims and their families and all involved. But I will say that their ability to leave notes for their families WAS a heroic, last act on their part and will give their families a large degree of comfort.

"Been there, done that".

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Just seeing that paper makes me cry. Yes, I am glad there is some kind of comfort that they were able to leave these last words for their loved ones, but doing this in the face of death......very heroic of them, but very painful just the same.

5. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    I don't know what to say...

Lara

6. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    I will say it brought a tear to my eye as well. This doesnt help either.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/07/n...00&en=22148a3157e0afdd&ei=5043&partner=EXCITE