Mini Disc to Computer to Ipod?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Anonymous, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I just got an Ipod for Christmas. I would like to take some mini disc clips and get them on the Ipod somehow. Any ideas on what I have to do. How can I get my mini disc recordings onto my computer and then onto my Ipod. Any ideas? I am using a PC. Thanks!

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Mike, you can run the minidisc into the "line in" jack on your computer sound card and save the file as a .wav

After that there are a couple of conversion applications that will take a wav file and change it to mp3 (I just got one that came bundled with the Soundblaster sound card I bought myself for Christmas) You may find some shareware that will do the trick. I have one called "MP3&WAV CONV" that I used to use. I've sent you a zip file that installs it for you.

Then it should be a simple matter to run from the computer through a USB port directly into the IPOD using playback or whatever you listen to music with on your machine.

Ed

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Sound card? Not sure if mine has this. Its a POS Gateway laptop I got around 2001. Doesn't even have a CD burner. How can I tell if I have a sound card. Thanks for the help!

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Ahhh.. I thought you might have upgraded. Regardless.... look on the back of the computer... where the speakers plug in? Is there a socket for a mini plug to go that has a little icon or something that might look like a microphone or might say "Line in" on it? If there is, that's what you need.

Does that (ahem) computer even have USB ports? (They look kinda like a weird, flat plug thing instead of the usual "round" ones).

Your email server rejected the file I tried to send you... check your messages and recent emails.

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Mike... just found this little guy. I think it probably sums up your situation!

[​IMG]