Minimum Practice Time

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpettrax, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    I think this thread is a good example of how the tone of messages can get in the way of content. There's no single post to blame, it just seems like many people here are being very rude.

There are definitely things posted here that would not be said face to face. Maybe that's a good rule of thumb for everyone to follow. If you're posting something that you wouldn't be comfortable saying to someone's face, say in a classroom environment, then maybe you should soften the tone a little.

Just a suggestion...

2. dabhand

dabhand New Friend

Apr 7, 2008
    Ramsgate Kent England
    Rowuk says it all and I have said it before; we all obviously have the passion otherwise we would not be on these Forums. Practice time is as Einstein quoted; "Relative" !!!
    Enjoy and go forward logically, systematically and you will achieve .
    Kind regards
    Dabhand

3. trumpetman1989

trumpetman1989 New Friend

Oct 6, 2009
    Eugene, OR 97404
    Heh... I'm not being combative. Sorry for being rude, but I'm just putting it how it is. And btw, never assume that somebody takes meds for tourettes. There is NO SUCH THING as specifically made tourettes meds, just other things that doctors say "help" things, but they really don't.

4. trumpetman1989

Oct 6, 2009
    Eugene, OR 97404
    I agree with you dude. I apologize to everybody for my rudeness, however, people who would actually say most of the crap they post on here to someone's face has no self control or patience in my opinion.

5. trumpetman1989

Oct 6, 2009
    Eugene, OR 97404
    Oh yeah, sorry for the multiple posts, but I just forgot to mention lol....

When I said practice 8 hours a day, I didn't mean every day of the week. I meant like, practice that much on M Tu-Th F and then take S W S off for your lips to rest and not die. If y'all still have problems with THAT, then I hope you're not playing professionally or in college.

6. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    instead of multiple posts, just click the edit bottom at the bottom right of your posts and add whatever it is you wish to add.

7. trumpetman1989

Oct 6, 2009
    Eugene, OR 97404
    lol i can't believe i actually forgot about that :(

i'm on a similar format forum called Shoryuken, and those guys are notorious for being rude, but they're hilarious!

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I have closed the thread.
    I normally get really irritated when somebody pulls the "disability", "religion" or any other card that they think gives them credibility. This thread is about minimum practice time and that has been adequately covered. If you want a thread on disabilities, start one.

Manic behaviour, practice or anything else is generally rewarded by failure. All of you 8 hours+ players have not crossed my path on gigs that are paid. If you want to keep that up, I have no problem with it. Do not claim to be experts. You cannot concentrate on something as consummate as making music for 8 hours. That is why it is dumb to even bring it up.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I have closed the thread.
    I normally get really irritated when somebody pulls the "disability", "religion" or any other card that they think gives them credibility. This thread is about minimum practice time and that has been adequately covered. If you want a thread on disabilities, start one.

Manic behaviour, practice or anything else is generally rewarded by failure. All of you 8 hours+ players have not crossed my path on gigs that are paid. If you want to keep that up, I have no problem with it. Do not claim to be experts. You cannot concentrate on something as consummate as making music for 8 hours. That is why it is dumb to even bring it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.