Minnesota Pops

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Jimi Michiel, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Manny,

Great job tonight! I know a lot of people are down on pops concerts, but it was really great to see Doc, as well as Nachito Herrera (and his daughter, is she really only 15?!). Bravo on the Vizzuti duet, although, with all due respect, I don't think anyone will ever top Doc's style in clothing (although you definitely get credit for trying).

Best,
    Jimi

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Thanks, Jimi... I'm glad you were there but why the heck didn't you come back and say hello? I would have been happy to introduce you to Doc. he's such a great guy and so personable. Phatmon and Trumpethobo were there, too.

I love Doc, what can I say? He's been one of the greatest influences, artistically, of my career. Great guy and we all love him to death here.

ML

3. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Manny,
    Thanks for introducing all of us to Doc after the show. Also for the autographed photo of Doc you got for Brigitte....even if he did spell her name wrong she still loves it. ;-) It was really special for me to meet him in person the whole time thinking...wow this is the guy I used to watch on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson every night before I went to bed. Now that I think about it not only was he an inspiration for trumpet but also for getting my homework done so I could watch tv. :-)

A couple things slipped my mind last night while we were backstage. First of all, I had posted at the TH about the concert. I was sent a pm from Bernadette (Doc's ex road manager she informed me Tony Scodwell has that position now) to be sure I tell you she says Hi. Secondly, I was supposed to tell Doc that "Oatmeal" said Hello. Bob Odneal had posted that Doc started calling him that back in 1967 when he was 16. I feel bad that it totally slipped my mind and apologise.

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    <<Kicks self>>

5. BinSB

BinSB New Friend

Nov 16, 2004
    I was just going to post that Phatmon forgot to tell you I said hello. :roll:

Don't worry - I'll let Doc know that you were also bringing a greeting from Bobby Oatmeal.

I still have Doc's wardrobe, Manny...so if you ever need something flashy...just let me know. ;-)

6. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Hello Bernadette, Nice to see you post here. I think Manny would look great in some of Docs wardrobe. I myself thought he pulled off the "Doc Greeting" and outfit pretty well during the Vizutti duet. ;-)