Misery Loves Company

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dHoff, Apr 5, 2004.

1. dHoff

dHoff Pianissimo User

Feb 13, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    I am a relatively new, comeback player and have been making real progress. Over the last several weeks, I have found sounds I really enjoy coming out of the instrument with clear limitations. Unfortunately I have also developed some bad habits and my teacher has suggested we nip that in the bud.

I am currently working on an embachere change and cannot play at all. Practice has gone from a series of excercises I have a great time with to a labor of intense work followed by the possibility of a reward. It has only been a couple of days but I am not enjoying this. I do not seek advice. I trust my teacher implicitly. Still, as I said in the topic, misery loves company

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Just keep chargin' man, you'll get there 8)

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    embachere? you don't need no stinkin embachere!

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I had to rework my embouchure in college after developing some bad habits. It was painful. But push on through and good things will happen. The story is always encouraging to me. It is the story of a trombone player Megumi Kanda who when she got to America and the conservatory, her embouchure was ripped to shreds from practicing too much the wrong way.

She spent nearly a year building it back up with the help of a great teacher.

Read this story, it is a good one
    http://www.afm.org/im/cover/08-03/08-03.htm

M&C