Missing Chris Botti

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by edfitzvb, Mar 12, 2014.

1. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Went to a church supper at my church tonight. A member who likes my trumpet playing came up t me and offered me two free tickets to see Chris Botti in town tomorrow night. I had to politely decline because I have a rehearsal that night. I guess this helps to even out all of the free things which I get to accept. I have seen Maynard, I have seen Doc, I hope one day soon to see Chris, but it won't be tomorrow.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I think your ensemble would understand Ed that attending Chris' concert is kinda like your own rehearsal. Do it!!! They Will Understand!!

3. WyldeBill66

WyldeBill66 Pianissimo User

Dec 13, 2008
    Salinas,CA
    I'd love to see Doc, but he's playing in Southern Calif. and I'm in Northern Calif. Chris Botti is playing near me on the 22nd, but the $85 minimum ticket price is a bit too much for my pocketbook. I wish someone would offer me a free ticket. You are a lucky man...

4. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Very interesting, how do you fill in empty space with nothing?

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!........... You get the picture!

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    It's tonight? I would say run, not walk, to hear him. More inspiration and benefit, IMO, than you'll get from the rehearsal. If you can still get those tickets, do it!

7. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Yes, a lulled into nap could do you good!

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    huh????????:dontknow:
    Wait, let me try to comment on both of these. You all may be dumbfounded after I'm done.
    For the first question: by using nothing to fill an empty space, it remains empty. If you put something into the empty space, anything, it is no longer empty, now is it?

Now for A.N.A.'s comment: my advice to that is try to rest a mug of coffee on your knee, fall asleep sitting up, then wake up and still have coffee in the mug without spilling it, then we'll talk.

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:Something about cool easy laid back hip jazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

10. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    If you can't make the show, a few minutes on an elevator w/musak should fill in nicely....