Misty and the Aussies

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Awwww, Jeeebus...How many times has the family told my brother-in-law to stop going au naturel when he's out camping........dumb hoople.......

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Lads and Lassies, we're not in The Lounge - just sayin'

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So where did you get this cool picture of Kingtrumpet on his way to start his day on the snow plow?

4. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for the warnings about the drop bears. And I think VBs one looks like one of my husband's relatives.

Yesterday was very busy so I didn't get to play trumpet or finish editing my trumpet sessions. I'm not editing them to make them sound better, only cutting out the pauses to empty the spit valves, talk to the sales guy, oil the valves etc. and the program I used to record chopped the audio in two. I'm really interested to listen to it closely and see how the different horns really sounded.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    So your husband is related to Kingtrumpet... I send him my sympathy.

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Gillette has a solution for some of that.

7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    OK, here is my sound test. I have added comments and you can hover over the waveform to see them and skip around. The recording is just shy of 20 minutes, so I don't expect anyone to listen to all of it. Please try to discount my horrible playing and let me know what you think of how the different horns work with me. Thanks in advance!

https://soundcloud.com/mistysj/trumpet-test-2013-02-08

8. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Hi Misty,

I have listened to your test, I can hear your sound in all of them, the 7C is a little brighter than the 3C in all, there is not one that stands out for me, my only comment is that the Yamaha seemed to be more stable in the upper notes. Others with more acute hearing may tell differently, I have severe high frequency loss.

Regards, Stuart.

9. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks Stuart! I agree about the Yamaha. In particular, I found the Schagerls really unstable in the upper range. I don't know how much of it is me versus the horns. I have been playing in the 7c during my comeback so far but picked up the 3c to try it out. So far my comment on the 3c is that it's a but less work for me. I don't feel as tired after a practice. I'm going to try it out at rehearsal on Tuesday.

I will share the rest of my thoughts about the trumpet test in a bit. I wrote them up on the same day and will paste them here.

10. Sharvey

Sharvey Pianissimo User

Dec 25, 2012
    Australia
    The best protection against drop bears, something you need if you are out camping is Bundy flavoured vegemite.