Misty and the Aussies

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 30, 2013.

1. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    VB, are you saying that I was playing too timidly? I really wasn't trying to, but that's interesting. I did feel a bit inhibited by being in the shop where others could hear (even though I was behind closed doors). I did try to play loudly a few times, but it just felt very awkward.

2. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Just to chip in here, haven't listened yet, might tomorrow morning whilst the wife is at work. The 37 Bell Bach is considered the do most everthing bell in the Strads. Most of them you see listed for sale are the 37's.the one I had was a LB, but I don't remember the model number, probably a 25 as that's the bell I see on the the LB's listed for sale.
    As is usually said here, let the horn find you. Pretty good advice, I think:roll::oops::cool:

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Not timid, Misty--you play bravely and honestly and are willing to share. That is not timid. On the other hand, yeah, timid might be an apt description, but I think that is a chop thing that will improve with time.

4. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    To be fair, I have only been "back" a little more than a month. :)

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Misty... Misty... common Misty... Now let's hear you on that Ambassador!

6. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'll see what I can do. I'll try to play something "real". But I'll get nervous and have lots of clams, I can tell you that already. Tasty, tasty clams.

7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Wondering what Ted and Peter have to say. :cool:

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Play something simple then - Danny Boy springs to mind - not a huge range required and an easy melody - but it has a few tricks to it, so it'll give you a bit of a challenge too. Give me a nudge if the you need the score and I'll scan it and send it along.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Play "Misty" for me.:lol:

tedh1951 likes this.
  10. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Misty wrote:
    Misty,
    What you described above is very similar to my experience early on (except for the horn part). I have stuck with the 3C lately. I did not listen to your entire recording, but I do not see how you could go wrong with either the 37 or 8310Z. In this, I may agree more with gmonady and recommend the 37 just a little more.
    Jim