Misty and the Aussies

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Keep at it. I've been playing for about 2 months after 6 months away from the horn.

Schlossberg is my go to guy. Who's your fav?

For now it's Max and Arbans. Check out Eric Bolvin's, "The Arban's Manual." It's cheap and will take you into JB's stuff with some sense behind our efforts.

Nothing helps as much as sensible practice and time.

60 days in, my tone "bucks up." The little things. Core, timbre, and the "ah ha's." After that, it's technique and facility.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    In that case, you are doing great, but it might be a tad bit early looking for trumpets. :grouphug:

3. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yep but I'm in no hurry to buy. Just playing with different trumpets. When I was in school I used to drool over the wwbw catalogs but we could never afford an upgrade. I never even got to play on a high end trumpet until last Friday. :)

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Don't DROOL too much or GM will find a symbiotic relationship with you and TRY to convert you to a JAZZ player on an OLDS, a MARTIN, or a KANSTUL -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
  6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Misty, easy to get sucked in and miss the breath for that "E" I always found, and then early on I tended to run out of air over the last four bars. You hit right on that "E" and cleanly too - nice. This is the piece I used to test my advancement when I started my comeback, and this and Amazing Grace are two of my favourite tunes. Thank you.

7. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nicely done, Misty. Your recording evidences your past musical training and experience. Your tone is well-supported and your phrasing is pleasing too. Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:
    Jim

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Very nice rendition of "Danny Boy" and very nice sound on that Ambassador... Why get another horn... when this one does it all!

By the way, Ted's request was "Danny Boy"; mine was "Misty"... so I'm still waiting......................

9. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Evelyn?

[​IMG]

:-?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  10. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio