Misty and the Aussies

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Ted, it's just a coincidence that our lawyer's surname here in Jackson NC is McKellar as even in several major cities is not that common.

2. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I recordd myself and I'm setting up soundcloud so I can share it to all of your collective horror. Ed, I tried to do some ballads from the 50s but they have too many chromatic runs, even in the melody lines! Maybe later.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Was Victoria really left bitter after being sipped by Vulgano Brother? Is it true that three heads are better than two? Was Victoria just too dark for Vulgano's taste? Did the bitter bite our Brother? Stay tuned for our next episode to find out.... Disdain in Brisbane! Episode 2.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Misty, chromatics are the challenge by which I evaluate my practice playing from time to time, and when I do well, I do "send in the clowns" with Julius Fucik's Entry The Gladiators aka Grande Marche Chromatique the song as is played when the clowns enter the ring at the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus, a song I've played since high school (and tried earlier). IMO when one can play this song well, they can play any song. All one needs to do is think the black keys (of a piano). My music instructor/tutor/high school band director once played for Ringling Brothers before they merged with Barnun & Bailey after he left Sousa's 2nd commercial band in 1931 when Sousa gave it up due to illness (Sousa died in 1932).

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Used to play Entry of the Gladiators on C trumpet. Chromatics are even more fun when transposed. Verdi also wrote some nasty stuff for trumpet in E. Ouch!

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Vulgani like things that are dark and bitter. Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ohhhh Big Boy... you are scaring me......
    do it again... she says with conquest in her voice.

Stay tuned for Episode 3 where we find out that our fair heroine is actually ____... Fill in the blank, but remember... we gotta stay in context with the thread
    [Did you notice the only thing separating the leading lady from the drug is the letter e?]

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    we find out in Episode 3 that the fair heroine is "cryin me a river" because VB dropped his current GP to sign on with GM --- and poor VB didn't inquire of the change in the size of phalanges that the good doctor possessed - but with a prescription of 3 liters of VB (Victoria Bitter) --- VB was found to be quite receptive of future office visits ---- and a side effect of having GM as the GP, is that FREE trumpet lessons are included with each visit ---- VB on VB, seeing GM as a GP --- and free trumpet lessons to boot ---- not bad!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not a problem VB... I use vocal anesthesia.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    but VB -- remember the FREE trumpet lessons with each visit --- that was the main reason in the first place!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL