Misty and the Aussies

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 30, 2013.

1. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I dislike Vegemite on toast, but a spoonful really improves beef soup! It's actually a lot like miso paste.

Rehearsal last night was great! I need to figure out the public transport next time though because I JUST missed the bus I needed and so JUST MISSED the train I needed and had to wait at the train station 45 minutes, and got home right around 11:30 pm. I have most of the music now so I have things to practice for the "tunes" part of my practice. I am actually doing quite well endurance-wise in the 2.5 hour rehearsal. That's because as you guys well know, there is not a ton of play time in a rehearsal. ;)

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Here in the U.S. the "Breakfast of Champions" is/was Wheaties. I guess I'm not a champion because to my knowledge I never ate any. Too, also to my knowledge I never ate Vegemite.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    not a ton of practice -- because of those stupid woodwinds ---- the conductor always makes the trumpets wait out their 35 bar rest -- and then when we are about to play ---- then the conductor stops, so the woodwinds can "REPLAY" what they already screwed up in the first place ---- but still sitting there in rehearsal (the lips playing, then sitting and getting cold, and the on and off playing) still takes some endurance --- keep it up, you will do fine!!!

bumblebee likes this.
  4. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Believe me, you'd know.

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    It looks like salmon egg jelly and sort of tastes like rancid salmon egg jelly would smell but not as good and saltier.

6. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I'm never going to able to look at that yellow jar the same way again now...

--bumblebee

7. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Had a tough practice today. I was tired and what is up with all the E-sharp and all that nonsense. Any of you ever do a band arrangement of Courtly Dances by Britten? Not sure the arranger. But Britten is weird. I have sung Ceremony of Carols and some other stuff by him.

8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    WOW, KT this is one of the most non-nonsense posts you have come up with in some time. You exactly described one (or all) of our Band rehearsals to a "T". It is frustrating when you are in one of the most proficient sections of the band, so always the time is devoted to the ones with the difficulties!!:cool:

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes we did this one recently - the 2nd/3rd chairs have some very awkward fingerings, but work on it - the piece has some rewards when it is mastered.

.... and ours too, and are the woodwinds not always the last to turn up to rehearsal - it's as if they don't have any enthusiasm for the challenge that is trumpet.