Misty and the Aussies

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Jan 30, 2013.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    .... and ours too, and are the woodwinds not always the last to turn up to rehearsal - it's as if they don't have any enthusiasm for the challenge that is trumpet.
    Ted

Yes, another unanimous agreement from me. The sections that have the most trouble are the ones who have the poorest attendance, overall. Seeing any patterns here? That thing about sitting out the 35 bars and just as we trumpets are chomping at the bit to excel at our part.......TAP, TAP, TAP. Let's go back to "A" and try that section again..........this happens E-VE-RY rehearsal. I get to the point where I say, "I'm just not going to count this time, maybe it'll be a good omen, and they'll make it this time, just because I didn't count!"

2. chenzo

chenzo Piano User

Jul 18, 2008
    Aust
  3. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I am distraught! I went to Brisbane Wind and Brass today and tried out four trumpets. I needed a mute and wanted to get a new mouthpiece and wanted to take the opportunity. I recorded it on soundcloud on my phone and was going to upload it so you guys could tell me your opinion. But I accidentally deleted the whole thing except the one part I wanted to edit out, where I was talking to the clerk. :( Now I can't even review it to see for myself. :(

4. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    The only thing that matters is what YOU thought of them, what were they and what were your impressions?

Regards, Stuart.

5. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I got it back! I found an app called iExplore that lets me see the files on my iphone and I found the files with the original recording (I had hit Pause once and it obviously divided it into two files). I will edit with Audacity on my computer and then upload them to Soundcloud (after making a safe backup).

6. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I played a Bach 37, Bach 72, Yamaha 8310Z, Schagerl Achilles, and Schagerl Penelope. I am hoping that I can get some opinions on the sound before I add bias by saying what I thought. I'll type up what I thought before I publish the tracks, but I won't paste it here until after. :)

Whew, I am just so relieved all of that audio didn't go to waste. There are more than 20 minutes of it!

7. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Am I looking in the wrong place? I can see a list of towns and a month of August but nothing about venues.

8. chenzo

chenzo Piano User

Jul 18, 2008
    Aust
    Your right there Olds I am sure the venues will be announced a little later, I received this flyer through the email.
    One would think that dates and venues would of been set by now. Even a web page

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I found the venues some time ago, but I have lost the link.

The Sydney performance is in the City Recital Hall in Angel Place, Sydney - a magnificant venue having, I think, a better space for this type of performance than the Sydney Opera House Main Concert Hall.

Ooops, did I say that out loud?

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    No Ted, you wrote it.