mk leadpipes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tbone, Mar 11, 2007.

1. tbone

tbone New Friend

Mar 10, 2007
    I just purchased a semi braced bronze mk drawing tuning slide for my Bach 37. Well worth the money. Now I'm thinking of trying one of the custome leadpipes. Has anyone installed one on their horn ? Seems like an invasive procedure. Not sure if I'm asking for trouble.

2. Brian H. Smout

Brian H. Smout Piano User

Hi,
    I have 3 Bach's with M/K pipes. Not invasive if done by a good tech. Charlie Melk did all 3 and they look and play great. What do like about the bronze slide?

Cheers,

Brian

3. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MK is the man!

I have a bunch of slides I'm currently trying on my 65G MLV and I can't make up my mind since ALL of them play so well.

Mike is great to work with and his products are awesome.

-T

4. patdublc

patdublc Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    I've been emailing with Mike to determine some options. I'm calling tomorrow to order some slides to test out on my Z. If everything goes well, I've got a horn that might benefit from a new leadpipe as well. So, unfortunately, I have no real experience with these products yet, but I'll post a reply as soon as I do.

pat

5. prof5

prof5 New Friend

Mar 4, 2005
    I've used several MK leadpipes and tuning slides on customer horns over the past few months, and the results have been very satisfying. Perfect fit and finish, and they do exactly what he says they will. Mike cares about his customers, and I highly recommend him!

Garry