MMEA this week

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trmptr, Feb 13, 2007.

1. trmptr

trmptr Pianissimo User

May 10, 2005
    Bemidji, MN
    Just out of curiosity, i anyone going to be at MMEA in Minneapolis this weekend? There are quite a few Minnesotans on this site, so maybe a TM hang would be in order?

2. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    Del-

I'll be kicking around on Friday - probably at the MacPhail Center for Music booth. Plus, I'm sitting in with the IAJE new music reading band at 1:00pm...

-Kelly

3. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    at $95+ to get in plus renwing my membership at the door i can't afford to go this year. I will be subbing for someone who is going.

4. trmptr

trmptr Pianissimo User

May 10, 2005
    Bemidji, MN
    Hey Kelly - I'll run by your booth on Friday. I'll be at the Bemidji State booth for most of the conference, so let's try to connect at some point. Cool!

5. Tooter Tutor

Tooter Tutor New Friend

Feb 3, 2007
    Hudsonville, Michigan
    Dr Del-
    I wish I was going to MMEA, but I'll be here in NY. Hey, greet Paul and Babe for me in Bemidji. We still have fond memories of our time up there with you and your students!

-Grego

6. trmptr

trmptr Pianissimo User

May 10, 2005
    Bemidji, MN
    Hey there Greg! Great to hear from you. Paul and Babe are a little chilly right now and aren't speaking to anyone. When they warm up I'm sure they'll say hello!

Hope you are well.

7. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Can anybody tell me what is MMEA? Though Minneapolis is a big deal far from Bulgaria, I am feeling like missing something....

8. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    here in the states there is an organization called the Music Educators National Conferance. (MENC) Every state has its own chapter. MMEA is Minnesota Music Educators Association, the MN state chapter of MENC. So this is a gathering of music educators in the state band, orchestra, general music and choral music from early childhood to college.