Mnozil Brass...GREATEST EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetjens, Jun 10, 2008.

1. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

'Mnozil has redefined brass ensemble playing.'

It's good show- i agree Robin. Course my feeling distrated wasn't of traditionalist mold. I much enjoyed their mockery and satire, but their momentum will be far more satisfying when they've come into their own. They're bold as hell. Can't wait to see what some years'll bring to their swagger and perspective. Not to mention the groups to follow, that are less burdened of breaking with traditions.

Mnozilla! Mnozilla.. Zilla! Zilla- Mnozilla!

-

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Chris, in the German speaking countries there is a well acknowledged trait of the Viennese called "Wiener Schmäh". Satire is part of their souls. That is why Mnozil can only originate there. Monty Python did not play trumpet otherwise the Brits would have beat them to the pun.

3. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

'Satire is part of their souls.'

Just so Robin. :) And fine nationalist pride. -Seems their budding circle of recognition will allow for their caricature to roam and settle'a bit.

Cheers

4. westview1900

westview1900 Piano User

Nov 30, 2005
    I have only seen their performances on the internet. It seems to me that they add a couple of things to a typical musical performance. The first is a visual element to their show and the second is some humor. This "value added" will attract wider audiences than if Mnozil Brass just sat in formal wear and performed. Maybe they are on to something.

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The Canadian Brass started with making the brass choir music more than just a stiff sit down affair.

They wore tuxedos with tennis shoes. They did some dancing and clowning around and still played some of the best brass music ever heard.

They had humorous intros to the tunes, and even did sketches....like How the West Was Really Won. A classic!

The Mnozil Brass ha taken what the CB did and just expanded it out of the universe!

The timing is perfect, the musicianship is flawless and personalities mesh so well.

They are better than anything I have ever experienced.

We saw them in their US debut at the ITG in New Jersey.

Thomas Gansch then came to a late night jam session and went up and STOLE THE SHOW!

I asked if I could see his trumpet when he was at our table, he looked at me and said "But I don't even know you yet" and handed me his horn.

I have the two DVDs, "Seven" and The Trojan Boat". They are very much worth seeing. They are subtitled also.

Be sure to watch the extra scenes. A real inside look atheir beginnings, their masterclasses on a boat going down the Rhein, their preparations and their personalities.

They are one of the very few acts that I would pay, and even overpay to see!

-cw-

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  6. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

7. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

8. godchaser

godchaser Banned