Mnozil Brass...GREATEST EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetjens, Jun 10, 2008.

1. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  2. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  3. trumpetjens

trumpetjens Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2005
    Yup...time to resurrect a thread and have some fun...MNOZIL=THE GREATEST BRASS GROUP IN THE WORLD TODAY...no exceptions...no good argument otherwise...once you've seen them live (Youtube is impressive but pathetic compared to the concert effect on an audience...a critical point to remember in light of recent 'well-were-you-actually-there' threads)...there is simply no further discussion...case closed...go home...the rest of them are all just warm-up acts (yup, all of 'em...yup too, that's a personally endorsed comment)...bring on the flames if you dare...you will get outgunned!

(ain't the internet fun at 4am when you're jet-lagged???)

Jens Lindemann
    Jens Lindemann's Web Quarters
    ...clearly, I have too much time on my hands these days...I should be practising!!!

4. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Good thread to resurrect! I agree, they are great and unique and hopefully, will continue on for a long time. Can't afford to travel to see them personally, but enjoy the Youtubes over a good stereo system. Just remember, not too many years ago, no Youtube or other video and audio opportunities that are commonplace and taken for granted and bring music and everything else, wanted or unwanted, within easy reach by many.:play:

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    A great example of the Mnozil Brass from the DVD "SEVEN"

-cw-

6. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks for the video Chuck, that says it all!

7. horner

horner Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    London, England
    I have got the three dvd's and two of the cd'S and they are absolutly amazing. Really funny to watch and astounding to listen too i cant rate them high enough. The comedy might be lost on some people but there is no denying the brilliant musicianship at work, playing (recorders too, lol) and singing.

If you havent heard them do so, each player is fantastic and they play fantastic music, both simple and complicated but always top class. I cant wait to hear more from them in the future!

8. Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce Mezzo Piano User

Feb 13, 2006
    Santa was good this year, and brought me the newest DVD (now I have all 3) and 3 new CD's. All I lack are the red and green covered ones!

That is my Dream Job! Seriously.

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    When I get my jaw back up off the floor, I'm going shopping for CDs and DVDs. Those guys are having a blast!
    veery

10. Bagnewauckland

Bagnewauckland Pianissimo User

Dec 2, 2008
    New Zealand
    MNOZIL!

I Would kill for A Ganch horn (As long as I didn't have to kill Thomas to get it!)
    I love them, I emailed them and they replied rather quickly, saying that if they were invited, that they would love to come to New Zealand, but I don't think offering them my house and access to the local school hall would be enough incentive to bring them down