Mnozil Brass...GREATEST EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetjens, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Decrescendo

Decrescendo New Friend

Mar 3, 2010
    New Orleans
    just purchased dasselbe in gruen off of itunes and i cant stop listening to it... upon graduation i will make it one of my missions to seek out a live concert of these guys i have a feeling people will be talking about these guys contribution to music long after they are gone and i want to be able to say i had a chance to see them live

2. trumpetjens

trumpetjens Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2005
    Once again, Mnozil Brass has proven that they deserve the title of greatest brass group in the world. Their concert in Los Angeles was sold-out last night and deservedly so. I have tried for years to describe the fact that Mnozil is a complete experience. CD's, awesome. Youtube, great. DVD's, wonderful. However, if you ever thought you 'get' what a group does based on any combination of those three things and have not yet seen their live show, then it is you that don't get it.

I say that to intentionally provoke discussion. I have been in this business a long time and when an ensemble comes along that simply obliterates any preconceived notion of what brass is about, then they become iconic. That is Mnozil and no one else in the world even comes close to that right now when it comes to total appeal...that would be people ranging from the professional listener to the amateur observer that may know nothing about brass or music.

I know we are obviously a trumpet centered site, but to be honest with you, I don't really care about what trumpet players think. Ultimately, we all support each other even in our differences. Those that don't are taken care of by the laws of natural trumpet selection and cut out by the group...we don't like to do it but when it happens, you probably deserve it. Fancy way of saying that jerks don't work for long so we might as well be nice to each other. No, I don't care what trumpet players think because we are already the believers...I'm interested in converting those that don't know or care about the trumpet or brass and that is the world that Mnozil rules.

Their current show, Magic Moments is yet another quintessential example (running out of superlatives here!) of virtuosity, timing, and humor. They know how to manipulate an audience to their will. If that is not everyone's foremost goal when performing, then one should stay in the practise room.

The intensity that they bring to the concert stage, their ability to overwhelm with volume of sound and virtuosity that is never ugly and then their ability to play the most beautiful ballad with impeccable intonation and balance suggests a maturity that is reserved for only a handful of groups on the planet.

Don't know what else to say right now...still reeling from last night's show. Find them on this U.S. tour, fly to wherever they are and just go. It is the best spontaneous money you will ever spend if you are a brass enthusiast and, let's face it, if you are reading this then you ARE...you are as big a geek as the rest of us...go see Mnozil Brass live and then you will get why I am such a fan.

Jens Lindemann
    Jens Lindemann's Web Quarters

3. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Agreed.
    Thank you Jens for your time with the students I brought along, they were very impressed with the whole experience.

4. trumpetjens

trumpetjens Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2005
    Once again, Mnozil Brass has proven that they deserve the title of greatest brass group in the world. Their concert in Los Angeles was sold-out last night and deservedly so. I have tried for years to describe the fact that Mnozil is a complete experience. CD's, awesome. Youtube, great. DVD's, wonderful. However, if you ever thought you 'get' what a group does based on any combination of those three things and have not yet seen their live show, then it is you that don't get it.

I say that to intentionally provoke discussion. I have been in this business a long time and when an ensemble comes along that simply obliterates any preconceived notion of what brass is about, then they become iconic. That is Mnozil and no one else in the world even comes close to that right now when it comes to total appeal...that would be people ranging from the professional listener to the amateur observer that may know nothing about brass or music.

I know we are obviously a trumpet centered site, but to be honest with you, I don't really care about what trumpet players think. Ultimately, we all support each other even in our differences. Those that don't are taken care of by the laws of natural trumpet selection and cut out by the group...we don't like to do it but when it happens, you probably deserve it. Fancy way of saying that jerks don't work for long so we might as well be nice to each other. No, I don't care what trumpet players think because we are already the believers...I'm interested in converting those that don't know or care about the trumpet or brass and that is the world that Mnozil rules.

Their current show, Magic Moments is yet another quintessential example (running out of superlatives here!) of virtuosity, timing, and humor. They know how to manipulate an audience to their will. If that is not everyone's foremost goal when performing, then one should stay in the practise room.

The intensity that they bring to the concert stage, their ability to overwhelm with volume of sound and virtuosity that is never ugly and then their ability to play the most beautiful ballad with impeccable intonation and balance suggests a maturity that is reserved for only a handful of groups on the planet.

Don't know what else to say right now...still reeling from last night's show. Find them on this U.S. tour, fly to wherever they are and just go. It is the best spontaneous money you will ever spend if you are a brass enthusiast and, let's face it, if you are reading this then you ARE...you are as big a geek as the rest of us...go see Mnozil Brass live and then you will get why I am such a fan.

Jens Lindemann
    Jens Lindemann's Web Quarters