Mnozil Brass in Los Angeles March 15

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetjens, Mar 3, 2010.

1. trumpetjens

trumpetjens Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2005
    The Mnozil Brass will be touring the U.S. this month and coming to Los Angeles on Monday, March 15. Performing at UCLA's Schoenberg Hall at 8pm. Online tickets will be up and available by this Friday through UCLA or you could email me personally for more info before then.

Many of you may know how I feel about the Mnozil Brass...I think they are the greatest all-around brass chamber group in the world. We could debate this, that, or the other (which is also fun!) but there is simply no other ensemble on the planet right now that is having as big an impact on both brass players as well as the world of listeners outside of our realm...which is pretty much everyone...and they are the one's that count.

There is not a single Mnozil concert that I have ever seen where people didn't walk away saying "not only did I think that was amazing, I can't wait to see it again and bring friends". That is the greatest compliment any performer can get. Make people want to come back and share the experience with others...that is supposedly why we all want to get on stage anyway, no?

Jens Lindemann
    Jens Lindemann's Web Quarters
    email: [email protected]

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The most exciting brass, or ANY musical group I have ever seen...PERIOD!!!

If you can see them, DO IT!

3. trumpetjens

trumpetjens Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2005
    Agreed...I am tempted to start poking the pillars of tradition and just start referring to them as the greatest current chamber music group...period! If it provokes debate and discussion then lets bring on string players, piano and woodwinds...I think we would all relish the fight!!!

Jens Lindemann
    Jens Lindemann's Web Quarters

4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I went to Ticketmaster.com to buy the tickets and it gives me an error message. Do you still have some? How can I get them before Monday night? (I will be on the road for the next two days but I can check emails.)
    Thanks.
    Kris
    *****Note: I went back and tried again and figured out the problem. So, I have the tickets.***

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    I was fortunate to see this group yesterday in Jersey. Their performance was amazing.......these guys are top-notch entertainers and are just unbelievable players. They will go from playing classical to jazz to disco and then some cartoon music......and they play every style at the highest level. While they are playing at this extremely high level they are also performing the funniest show.........amazing!!!

6. SFPat

SFPat Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Houston
    Are they coming to Houston?

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  8. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    I'll be there!

9. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I'll look for you. (I assume I can recognize the straw had and red striped coat!:lol:)

10. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Bringing a couple students along to see this group. They are young, tall and thin. I am not...:-)