MO Recordings....

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by ROGERIO, May 26, 2005.

1. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Manny,

I would like to pick-up a few recordings of the MO... with you in it of course... ;-)

Can you list some of your favorite recordings? :-)

If you can, it would be kind of cool to know the equipment you are using too... :cool:

Thanks!

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Rogerio,

Nice of you to ask. I'll try to remember:

My least favorite recording of myself was the Dvorak 9. Pre-Monette days, the brand is not important. The point is I dislike the rawness of the sound and when people ask me about sound concept this is a good way to show what I like and don't like.

Alpine Symphony was on STC 1 (deWaart)

Copland 3, Bernstein, Heldenleben were Ajna 1 (Oue)

Pines was STC 1 as was Stravinsky album. There are others but I really like those. (Oue)

Shoot! I forgot to say I love the orchestra on the Beethoven CD's of 4 and 5. (Vanska)
    ML

3. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Thanks Manny

Thanks Manny.

This is what I was hoping for...

You know after all the talk about your method book and CD etc...
    I still think it would be a very cool idea for you to do a demo session for Dave... playing his various horns... the clip on the Monette site was awsome! It would be great to see and hear much more of the same.

I know you say the brand is not important... but IT IS... you seem to prefer the sound and feel you get on the Monette... and it shows... I would love to hear Dave's horns being played side by side (same player, same passages) to Bach's etc... but that wouldn't be a cool thing to do... , can you imagine the raucous that would cause...?

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll purchase the CD's this week.

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Funny you should mention it...

We're getting a bunch of clips ready for the website and one of the clips I hope we use is a side-by-side comparison of 4 of Dave's horns, from lightest to heaviest. I hope we wind up using that one. If not now, then we will later.

But, no, you're right. It would be a drag to get into brand comparisons on a commercial site that is about one brand. That sort of thing isn't called for and you won't ever see something like that on his website.

ML