Moaning

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bloomin Untidy Musician, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Bloomin Untidy Musician

Bloomin Untidy Musician Piano User

Jan 14, 2008
    Staffordshire
    I am thinking more Tom Lehrer

2. supposeda3

supposeda3 Piano User

Jan 3, 2009
    Central PA
    There is this kid from my school who is an amazing singer, he made All-Eastern choir this year. He also began to play trumpet in the band this year, and he is the drum major in our halftime shows. The problem is, he has a HUGE head b/c of making All Eastern choir, he thinks he is God's gift to music. He is so cocky that he BRAGS about being cocky, saying that he deserves to be so b/c he is soooo amazing...

Because of his big head, he quit our school musical this year, saying he is too good for our small acting program, he feels his talents are being wasted performing with the other high school kids.

Also, when he plays trumpet, he tries to be so loud that he comes out horribly out of tune, and it makes the band sound terrible. (not to mention that he can't play trumpet to save his life..) As lead trumpet and a freind of his, I have tried to talk to him about it, but he has decided that even though I have been playing trumpet my whole life, he (in his all-knowing wisdom) can't stoop to taking musical advice from me.

ANOTHER problem is when he directs the band at halftime...His movements are extremely quick, jerky, way off tempo, and he really just makes a fool out of himself, even the musically uneducated can see that he doesn't know what he is doing...

He just drives me CRAZY!!!!!!!

Just needed to get that off my chest....lol

3. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    AH,...The small musician with the large ego; I warned you of this epidemic!

4. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    How'd he get drum major then.

Usually our drum major is one of the best in the band, and we audition them.

5. supposeda3

supposeda3 Piano User

Jan 3, 2009
    Central PA

Well, our band is really too small to have auditions, haha....there were only three of us interested in drum majoring: me, our lead alto sax, and this kid. The director decided he didn't want me or the sax player to do it, because we are the leads in our section, and neither of our sections is very strong behind us. So, the other kid got it through process of elimination....The director has let him keep the position all year because he is hoping he will get better with experience. (boy was he wrong :bash: )

6. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    I don't see the logic in that.

If we didn't have someone fit to be drum major, our director would pick one themselves that didn't apply.