Model number of this Bach cornet??

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by SteveB, Nov 18, 2010.

1. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
  2. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Looks like the auction has ended and no picture was there. For that kind of money, you can't get much Bach for your Bucks.:lol:

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Looks like a silver plated CR310 to me.

Dave, you just have to know where to look to find the pictures...:D

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    probably a plated CR-310, student SC version of the CR-300. Not much of a description with it either.......Buck, who got a little more bang for his Bach:lol::roll::oops:

5. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Thanks, Dale, I didn't think to click the square there. I would agree with Buck. Not too familiar with current Bach cornets.

6. Buck with a Bach

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Dale, you beat me to it again:lol:

MF, My Bach is probably based on the early Omega's, has a lot of Strad stuff on it. Plus It looked like it had hardly been played when I got it. Under $500 shipped and has a really good sound to it for not being a true Strad. Just can't find any definative info on it as far as the model nomenclature, probably an early '90's horn as far as when it left the factory:shock:
    As far as hardly been played, I've taken care of that. The addition of the Concert series Marcink. mouthpiece helped with the tone( a little darker, not quite what I remember of my LB Strad, but close).........Buck:play::oops:

7. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Well, I'll let you know when it arrives. :-)

8. Buck with a Bach

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    My SIL has the CR-300, it's decent horn as far as that goes. Trifle bit beat( belonged to a HS kid), but does the job for her.........Buck:oops:

9. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Thanks, Dale. After tracking down some other pics of a CR310, sure enough, that's probably what it is.

Yeah, I've always wanted an inexpensive shepherd crook cornet, so I figured I couldn't go too wrong with this particular horn for $135. :roll:

10. SteveB

SteveB Mezzo Piano User

Nov 15, 2008
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Sure enough. It's a CR-310 (stamped on the leadpipe). Actually not a bad horn at all. Plays very sweet and mellow. Mechanically, it's definitely a Bach quality-wise. :thumbsup:

Now all I have to do is track down a case that fits a shepherd crook cornet. Any suggestions (other than the obvious attempt to find an actual Bach case)??