Monette Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Rick Chartrand, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Dear Manny

Thanks for sticking up for Monette in the steel cage match on the 'Bash Monette Site' subject.

Manny I WISH I could afford a Monette but I got the best I caould afford which is my Martin Committee T3467.

I am playing a couple of mouthpieces that I really like Manny they are Bach 1c and 3c. I should be getting a Holton Heim #2 in the mail in a few days and am very excited about this. The reason for the Heim is because I want to add some more of a 'lyrical' quality to my tone when doing balads.

As for me I am still searching for the 'ultimate' mouthpiece but am not sure that such a mouthpiece exsists.

Manny I am really thinkinng seriously about getting a Monette STC1-B4 mouthpiece because it is roughly equivilent to my BAch 1c in size, but I have been hearing so much positive stuff about Monette's constant pitch center (and its beautiful tone) that I want to order one online.

The trouble is that I live in a small city of only 300,000 people and the store I deal with is unwilling to order one for me to audition. $200 is a little high to pay for a mouthpiece that I cant audition, so anything you can tell me would of course be greatly appreciated and help my decision. The tone I want is Dark Centered that can sparkle into a bright aura with lots of beautiful overtones.

Rick AKA Trumpet Man

2. R.A.S.

R.A.S. Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    No, this is not Manny answering -
    but
    you will find the B4 smaller than your 1C Bach,
    but it's a beautiful mouthpiece.

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    dear Rick,

I think you described the sound of the Monette mouthpiece at its best: centered and sparkling with lots of beautiful overtones, if you allow me to paraphrase.

Only you can justify the amount of money you have to spend but hell, you'll make that up in one night with your busking! And they'll hear you in the next city!

Good luck,

ML

4. Rick Chartrand

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Dear Manny

Thanks :-) You just made the decision for me. They'll hear me in the next city? Okay! More people to play for (Smiles) :D. You have the superlative taste to own a Monette and if you say this piece will do it for me, then I'm placing my order. Your'e the best Manny and thanks for all you do for us here at TrumpetMaster.com

Hey R.A.S. thanks for the input. I was thinking that it is a beautiful mouthpiece from everything I have heard from it. By the way I lived in Woodbury Minnesota for 7 months a few years ago. Is the twin cities as buzy and beautiful as ever?

Rick AKA Trumpet Man

5. R.A.S.

R.A.S. Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2004
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    Still a great place to live and listen to Manny on Friday nights on the radio.
    Gigs are a different matter.
    (But there are always private lessons.)
    I love Woodbury!

6. Rick Chartrand

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey R.A.S.

Very cool :-) Wish I still lived there, and that must be cool to hear Manny on local radio. Gigs are far and few between here too, but I'm doing ok busking. Thanks for your input :D Later

Rick AKA Trumpet Man

7. BflatAnklan

BflatAnklan Pianissimo User

Jan 28, 2005
    Midwest area USA
    My grandparents lived in Woodbury until they passed away. I love the area, maybe I'll make it back up there someday. Gigs are slow, and not really steady here in Dayton.

Let's hope the cloud lifts!

Manny,

It's been a real pleasure reading your posts. You are a wealth of knowledge, and not only about trumpet playing! Weather you realize it or not, you are teaching us all how to be better people, and to deeply respect the craft we all love so much.

God bless!

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Look out, Detroit and Sarnia! :-)

9. blutch

blutch Pianissimo User

Dec 25, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Minnesota Public Radio does a webcast of the concerts. You can hear him on Friday nights anywhere you have an internet connection.

My June column in the ITG Journal is all about internet radio. It will be online in a couple of weeks.

http://www.trumpetguild.org/journal/webreviews/webrev_index.htm

MA

10. Rick Chartrand

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hi Guys

LOL Toots :D

Thanks for the site Blutch, Will Check it out this Friday night

Rick AKA Trumpet Man