Monette Slide Show

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kevin Hilman, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Kevin Hilman

Kevin Hilman Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I thought about putting this in the sensitive issues forum as it is about Monette....but.... Monette now has a year in review slide show on their website. Check it out at www.monette.net.

Kevin

2. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I just returned from Portland yesterday after two and a half days at the shop and all I can say is woooo hooooo! Aside from test playing the Prana 1 C trumpet, I had the opportunity to play one of the brand new Flumpets and Wynton's Prana Bb. It was an absolutely wonderful time. Dave and the guys run a great operation out there and Dave is one of the most interesting people I have ever met.

The slide show is really nice, don'tcha think?

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Great slide show. I even recognize some of those faces! ;-)

4. supremetrumpet

supremetrumpet New Friend

Dec 20, 2005
    Trompetvrouw, so you got to try out the Prana B993 huh? That's awesome! What do you think of it in terms of darkness of sound, ease of playing, slotting, extreme dynamic levels, etc. ?

5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh yes, that horn plays like buttuh. I played the slow solo from "American in Paris" and some Arban Characteristic Studies. It was amazing. The notes jumped out with ease, the sound was 'alive', not too bright or dark, the dynamic range was easy to manipulate without compromising pitch, the slotting was spot on - a middle C felt practically the same as a low or high C - i.e. notes felt very close together. (The flumpet was even more shocking in this respect. It was so incredibly easy and fluid. I literally felt NO change going from mid C to high C. OH! and the low register is to DIE FOR) Ahem, back to the B993.......I really can't say a bad thing about it. Playing it put me in a dream state immediately. I was able to float to another world and really think about the music I was making. You can guarantee, when I am ready to get an incredible Bflat, that is what I will be ordering.

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks for sharing that with us Alex....

I'll be drooling for years now.....

Let's see, how do I even enter this conversation with the "little woman"

Uhhh Honey, how are you today? It's the guys, they just called to say they are all getting Monettes so I wanted to get one to you know I don't want to stand out!

Just curious, would you mind if I max-ed out a credit card and bought this wonderful Monette Bb Trumpet for the same price we could buy a decent used car for?

Oh boy, thank you thank you you’re so sweet and understanding…

<Smack>

Huh, wait ugh I’m looking in the mirror and I’m awake and I don’t have a Monette Bb and Oh God it's her:

OHHHHH OHHHH SOMEBODY KILL ME IM IN HELL! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MY LIFE?

Just kidding, good for you Alex, I’m so happy for you and I must confess a bit envious. You deserve this great experience and I’m honored that in some very minute way I get to share it with you weather I’m in hell or not! :-)

7. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I watched the show twice. Once just watching and the second stopping to see what they are working on. It's pretty interesting.

8. kitjacoby

kitjacoby New Friend

Jan 5, 2006
    Cornwall, England
    Nice to see at least 1 Brit in there....they chap with the dog, plus the 2 preceding photoes, and 1 other nearer the beginning, were Guy Barker...who lives just down the road from my trumpet teacher in London!

What a claim to fame. Ahem.

K