monette trumpet case

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by b937mnt, Apr 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. b937mnt

b937mnt New Friend

Apr 12, 2011
    JAPAN
    :lol:How do you think about monette trumpet case?
    too heavy? :shhh:
    Could anyone transfer a monette single case?:thumbsup:

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I have the double case. The horn is really well protected but there is no real room for a stand or mutes. I can't see how a lighter case could do a better job and therefore, I do not consider it to be too heavy.

3. Danbassin

Danbassin Pianissimo User

Aug 27, 2006
    Buffalo, New York
    I have both single and double cases. The Singles are 'fitted' for each instrument, and I can see a slight difference between the lining of the single case fitted for my LTJ Bb when compared with my P1-C. Therefore, I try to keep each horn in their assigned case when I choose to use the single case. Rowuk is on point about the weight, utility, and excellent protection of the double case.

If your question is whether you can use a single case built for another Monette with a different instrument, you can, but I'd err on the side of doing so with a similarly sized and weighted horn...if I had a case designed for an XLT-C trumpet, and I wanted to keep an Ajna Bb in that case -or visa versa-, I'd probably send the case back to the shop to be refitted (which I know they've done in the past).

4. Outkastah

Outkastah Pianissimo User

Aug 29, 2009
    Boston
    I have the single, and I dont own a monette trumpet. I got it from Thompson Music and I have no idea what horn was intended to go inside it but it fits my NY Xeno like a charm and everytime I put it away I know its going to be safe even if I drop it down the stairs...

Oh and I dont think its too heavy, its definitely not the lightest case I have ever picked up but the safety trumps the weight.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  5. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I have a single and a double. The single is a great single case. I didn't notice any problem putting my B-flat or C in the same single. (not at the same time) I was warned by a pro that most of us know not to use the wrong case. He told me that it would put stress on the horn and make it not play well.

I also have a double case. A little big and a little heavy. It does work. I also use it as a table to put the trumpet I'm not playing on. It sits next to my chair and I think, safer than a trumpet stand.

When I have to take more than 2 trumpets, I use my old fashioned Bach quad case. I never had a problem. Who knows if it's making the trumpets play crappy. I think I have the corner on that job anyway.

6. b937mnt

b937mnt New Friend

Apr 12, 2011
    JAPAN
    Thank you for your advice.
    I want to see how to install on the case.
    Could anyone show the photograph?

7. b937mnt

b937mnt New Friend

Apr 12, 2011
    JAPAN
    I got a monette case!
    So good!

Thank you everyone.