Money

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jude, Dec 26, 2007.

1. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Sigh. I hear things like this all the time and it makes me so angry. There are certain band directors who should not be left alone in a room with children. In my community music school there are many kids who are frustrated with unpleasant and sometimes incompetent teachers in their public schools. It seems that too many (not all-there are many good and dedicated teachers out there) times marginally competent people land jobs in a school and they take out their frustrations at their station in life by tormenting students. This turns the kids off forever. There is one local teacher here who before concerts makes the students pull up their trouser legs so the teacher can check the length of the students' socks, and gives them demerits if the length is not proper. This is someone with way too much time on their hands. Check around to see if there is a community music school in your area that might provide an alternative.

Michael McLaughlin

2. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    Community music school??? (I doubt there's much of anything near them - it's a tiny little town.)