Monique Prices

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gzent, Jan 7, 2012.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Welcome to the sandbox. Recess will last exactly as long as this thread does. Did you remember to bring your boxed lunch? Anybody pulling Suzy's hair will get a time out.

Turtle

2. kuwoR

kuwoR New Friend

Jan 7, 2012
    Hinterland
    I'm from a wonderful land where only the best players are able to play the worst trumpets, like Monique.

Where we know nothing of such things as "constant pitch centers", "body alignments" or "holistic designs".

Its a wonderous place filled with excitingly average instruments where no one can play below a double high C.

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    hgcgdf,mhj guktdukg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    OK, Tobylou, I know what is "Hinterland" in German. But, thinking this was a funny thread, I redid the old joke, well-worn, Australians upside down, relative to the avatar I reproduced. Bad idea, I agree.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    NOOOOO!!! Really???

turtlejimmy likes this.
  7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think these threads are funny. Actually most all of Oz is hinterland!

8. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I haven't figured out the silverplated lacquered nickel plate on the TP-1 yet.

Hinterland in Germany is something like the stereotype of the Ozarks. It is a place where those who visit for the first time are quite surprised because what they were previously saying about the place had nothing to do with reality.

9. kuwoR

kuwoR New Friend

Jan 7, 2012
    Hinterland
    Very true, mini-me.

My mutter always told me I had an ego twin out there somewhere.
    I'm glad we finally met, brother Rowuk.

You know I guess its true that twins have common life experiences.

Similar to Rowuk, I'm a moderator on a website here in the Hinterland called "Trumpet Faster".

Our web site specializes in discussions about fast trumpet players, or trumpets that are made
    in very short amounts of time. That's why I find the Monique trumpets are simply the best.
    Dale Monique has found a secret way to make his trumpets in only 14.4 seconds!

Its quite an achievement. Here in the Hinterland many new companies have appeared trying to
    copying Monique, such as Randy Baylor, Mason Jarrelson and Notaehp.

Of course, these horns are all more expensive than a Monique and play better, but who cares,
    they take ridiculous amounts of labor to produce. Some as much as 3 hours!
    I've had to close many threads where people have claimed that Monique trumpets are underpriced
    and just aren't made slowly enough. Its caused many members of TF to find me a bit of a tyrant,
    but I don't really mind. I say its better to be a tyrant on TrumpetFaster than to actually care about
    diversity of opinion.

Anyhow, I am so pleased to finally meet my long lost twin and will be sharing stories from
    Trumpet Faster.com.

And remember kids, the only way to achieve greatness in the Hinterland is to have your
    front teeth removed and buy a Monique trumpet today!

kuwoR-

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Calvin and Hobbes Sandbox update:

Notice the fire engine, sirens blazing, heading for an interesection ... On a collision course with the Bandroom Delivery truck (with all the Monique trumpets inside), heading across it's parth at high speed.

This ought to be good. :-)

Turtle

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012