Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by PhatmonB6, Oct 22, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Just finished watching the dvd...reason it took so long I am a Bush supporter. I must say after seeing this it has made me think a bit more. I am going to watch FahrenHYPE 9/11. The anti-Moore documentary....I would like to hear from those who have seen both what I can expect before I view.

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    By all means, watch the HYPE movie and read the book. I have a copy of the movie if you want it. I also have "Stolen Honor". I used to be a Michael Moore fan long ago and started questioning him when I realized what a crafty manipulator he was. I felt stupid and rather betrayed. He's not even from FLINT. I highly, highly recommend the Michael Wilson movie "Michael Moore Hates America" made by a Minnesota filmmaker.

ML

3. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hello Manny,
    Could you please explain FLINT? I'm learning lots of new words here...but some abbreviations are too hard for me :?:

4. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Flint, Michigan..... It is a town where he claims to be from. He did his first "documentary," Roger and Me, about what happened there.

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Here's a link, Phatmon, that is as exhaustive as it gets. As you know I like my facts to be supported by credible sources and this one takes the cake. Download the PDF and get your printer ready.

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

I'll give it to Moore... he's extremely skilled at what he does and he has a public that is very happy to swallow what he feeds them.

ML

6. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Thanks Manny. I am getting ready to watch HYPE 9/11 and I do have Michael Moore Hates America on my Netflix list. I will check out the Dave Kopel link you sent later on tonight. ;-) I just hope I have enough ink. :dontknow:

p.s. Also, thanks for the dime tip on your forum. ;-)

7. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Yeah, I finally saw "Bowling for Columbine" not long ago and was actually pretty disappointed with his work. To me at least, it was not even a little believable and ran more like a MadTV skit than a "documentary" as he would like one to believe. Anyone who made films that leaned as far to the right as Michael Moore leans left would have been publicly humiliated and probably sued a long time ago. Read "Micheal Moore is a Big Fat Idiot"
    it goes through his movies step-by-step and explains how certain connections where made and how utterly baseless his movies are
    -J

8. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Umm, thanks... :oops: