More affordable "wunderhorn", for a good cause

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Castle Bravo, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    I have more wunderhorns than can be justified by any stretch of reason....

I have two custom copper eclipse conversions (eclipse with a different valve block), like new, in scratch laquer with double rings and thumb saddle as seen on the vortex. They are at Leigh's shop, and are for sale - 1250 sterling each if anyone is interested.

God has blessed me with several horns not to collect them - but to spread the wealth to those less fortunate. The money from one of the horns will go entirely to a missionary couple in Brazil, the other will partially go to help a young student with no money (as I once was) that needs to buy his or her's first trumpet but cannot afford it, and the rest will go to my first band teacher who is now putting 2 kids through college.

That will leave me with only 2 custom eclipses and an eclipse flugel, not to mention the eclipse bugle.... enough is enough. Time to let someone that doesn't have 2000 pounds benifit from an eclipse. :shock:

PM me if interested. :cool:

2. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    pics....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. trumpetgirl612

trumpetgirl612 Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2005
    practice room 5
    ummm and for those of us in the states, that would come out to be.......how much exactly??

4. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    $2,347.75

5. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    FYI a new strad over here costs ~ £1,150 - so you're getting a lot of horn for the price.

What's the valve block Gary?

6. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    Unfortunately, the dollar is quite weak and the exchange rate is around 2 to 1,.... sooooooo for today it would be:
    1,250 British Pound = 2,351.38 US Dollar

The price of a brand new eclipse in pounds for today would be:
    2,000 British Pound = 3,762.20 US Dollar

$1,410.82 is the difference.

I regret that the horns are priced in pounds... but the overall amount to be given away involves a promise to God and the prices are fixed, I'm afraid.

7. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Scheßlitz, Germany
    Not sure on the valve block... may want to ask Leigh. It's not a bauerfind block, but it's no slouch either! :-)