More attacks in London

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Clarino, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    The BBC is reporting three incidents today in London, one of which appears to be a nail bomb in Warren street, and another bus bomb which failed to detonate.

More info will be posted when it comes in.

2. Dummy explosions using detonators only have sparked the evacuation of three Tube stations and the closure of three lines, a BBC correspondent has said.

Check this link; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

3. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    It seems there have been three incidents on tube trains, at the Oval, Warren street and shepherd's bush. Plus an explosion on a bus.

There are no reports of any injuries so far.

The reporters are speculating that the detonators failed to set off the main explosives.

4. Where have you seen that?

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Keep your head low, man, and watch out for creeps wearing back packs. You're in a frigging war zone, Clarino. My thoughts stay with you all, always.

ML

6. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Sky News and BBC News24

Thanks Manny, fortunately for me I'm in Sheffield, far from the "front", but nevertheless, I'm going to be a lot more vigilant in the next few days and weeks.

7. Read it properly;
    Dummy explosions using detonators only...

I can't see anything on those sites speculating that the detonators failed to set off the main explosives.
    If you can, please show me.

8. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    This crap is starting to make me really angry.

9. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK

It was on the TV not the website.

You and me both. More and more, I am starting to think that the sh!t is about to hit the fan in a big way. Any day now I think I'm going to hear that Operation Firestorm has been put into effect and we'll have WWIII on our hands.

10. Cornet1

Cornet1 Pianissimo User

May 22, 2005
    Essex, England
    ".......JackD wrote:
    This crap is starting to make me really angry...."

Yes,...but thats a good thing!!........the attiude of people on the street here is one of mainly anger and a hatred of being intimidated like this.

Manny,...Thank you so much for your kind concern but it is NOT a war zone here...a nuthouse,yes!......but definately not a war zone! Remember we have the most voracious media in the world and they love all the drama as it sells papers and fills up TV screens.....actually most of us real Brits are getting very fed up with them as they play right into the terrorists hands!