More practice= worse playing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamba21500, Oct 5, 2011.

1. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    Ah silly me :lol:

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Smooth Operator,

Happens to a lot of us right handed brass players ... just can't get our fingers tapping on the left hand side of the computer keyboard. Once I had a severe problem in handwriting when I did my accounts and wrote checks ... my 4s looked like 9s. Only got straight after I had a job detailing an architectural take-off of brick and tile, and had to clearly hand print the measurements. It wouldn't be fun to get 9,000 bricks on site when you only needed 4,000.

3. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    Yeah, I really had to go out of my way to make that mistake ;-) not quite as bad as moving 5k brick though.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    GM, my Mom makes an awesome chili. I mean that stuff is so hot -- when I take a bite, it bites me back --- and then it churns down there in the esophagus, and small and perhaps even large intestine ---- to culminate is some of the "Best" gas that I know --- well when the gas passes that is best. GEE! I wish I could figure out how to bottle that stuff up, ship it to a 3rd world country so they could run their Ford Pinto Ute maverick car thingy!!!!!!!! That would help the world out so very much ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    copy and paste --- is anyone sure rowuk is really on TM all the time, I think this is an automated answering system that copies and pastes the same advice over and over again --- this makes this post of his # 131 of the same exact format, if I am not mistaken --- oh well that is easier than just repeating himself over and over again. YUP - automated sequential computer program with key words -- why didn't I think of that???? then I wouldn't have to repeat myself over and over again, ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The quantity of brick was hypothetical as I don't remember how much it actually was, and too I don't know how it was transported then, but now I've seen it brought onto site quite easily on pallets handled by high lifts that were attached to the end of the delivery truck. The job I was working on was a new high school and it was quite a large volume of bricks and tile needed, and my work was reviewed by another. As it was a just a summer job, I did not get fired, but I certainly was reprimanded harshly. As it was a bid, I did learn the company did recieve the order so all is well that ends well.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Yeah, and the next thing we'd read is the greenies hollering about sewer gas polluting the atmosphere. Yeah, that stuff obnoxiously stinks like s***!

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes -- but it is so good before it gets processed ---ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    That depends on which processing you refer to ... certainly not the last ones viz nature or a sewer treatment plant. Maybe you'll think twice about fruits and veggies imported from countries that still use human excrement as fertilizer. When in USAF and actually seeing a "honey bucket brigade" I could no longer eat on the economy and many of us know military mess, MREs, and for some of us oldies K & C rations just aren't appetizing either. And yet, I know I've eaten and drank somethings I wish I hadn't been told what they were. Now you know why I never wanted to become an astronaut, work in a sewer treatment plant, or clean septic tanks, even become a plumber albeit the above median pay offered in these jobs. Yeah, I rather be a starving trumpeter.

10. Ness

Ness New Friend

Nov 3, 2011
    Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.