More practice= worse playing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamba21500, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Next page ... more practice to make perfect and then next page ditto, and the next page ditto ad infinitum.
    Yep, every time you take your instrument out of the case, you must practice perfectly and its OK to intersperse such with a gig now and then, if only to break up the monotony. The real problem comes when your parents discontinue providing you housing and meals, dental and health insurance, and your mother no longer will do your laundry.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    If practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, then why practice?

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Oh man -- I have been there also. I dated a woman from China some years ago, and I really did like her. so much that I ate 'everything, and anything' that she cooked for me. I don't know all that I ate -- but I recall her most famous words when I asked her about some dishes " it be best you not know what is it" -- so I never asked, but she ate it and so did I. Love, ain't that something!???????!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    As long as there's a stomach pump at the ready!

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    all of the NO NAME foods that I ate, never seemed to bother me -- but one day at a Chinese restraunt in Montreal, Quebec of all places. She ordered a delicacy --- FRIED CHICKEN FEET --- and for some reason, after eating like 5 of them, I turned green, and rushed to the restroom --- although I didn't talk to RALPH, there was a few minutes when I questioned myself --- on "what would one young man do for LOVE?" ------ and the answer was to pass the rest of the fried chicken feet to Jing, as an honorable Chinese custom of awarding the "delicacy" to the guest of honor ----------OK she ate the other dozen ---- and I was fine -----and we didn't end up together --------I ate fried chicken feet ----all for nothing!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    As a newsboy I won the opportunity to attend a father and son dinner where I could pick up my prize. My father drove and we were late arrivals. All went very well until the MC said he wished to thank the hotel management. The dinner was oversubscribed and the late comers had been served rattlesneak meat instead of roast beef. Quite a few of us then headed for the restroom where of course my father and I were stragglers again. As I stood in the line, I wondered why I was there and went back to our table where they began announcing the winners of the prizes. To make this short, I won a custom made stake wagon, the bed large enough to hold three stacks of newspapers. Latter in life, with aforehand knowledge I've eaten rattlesnake, alligator meat, groundhog and gone through USAF survival training then at Stead AFB outside Reno NV where at least they didn't tell us we had already eaten what they told us we could eat.

Years later I was asked to sound TAPS for my former crew chief in LA near New Orlleans, After the funeral I was invited to the family home for lunch. After lunch we were sitting on the porch looking at the sun gliimmer over the bayou and sipping some real "swamp juice" when I was asked if I liked the possum stew we had for lunch. With due respect I answered YES although my innards were rebelling. More "swamp juice" settled that ... a lot more. I woke up the next morning in my hotel room and have no idea how I got there, nor could I ever find my way back to that family home in the bayou, if indeed it is still there after the storms since.

No, I do not eat any oriental food. Every Wednesday that my wife does not work, she meets her sister for lunch and they eat it. I go elsewhere for lunch and some personal shopping for they will be gabbing for several hours. American rice is different than oriental rice.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    neither have I eaten any, at least for the last few years --- I wonder though --- If I met a pretty young Asian woman, if I would then subject my palate and intestines to "anything - named or unamed that they consider food" --- I am thinking that I learned my lesson on what -LOVE IS, and WHAT IT ISN'T ROFL ROFL ROFL still I wonder.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    WOW I cannot believe that it is me saying this, but before we get further sidetracked with the dating habits of a Kingtrumpet, I would recommend returning to the theme of the thread that asks: More practice= worse playing.

9. Ness

Ness New Friend

Nov 3, 2011
    To try and get as close to perfect as humanly possible

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What a perfectly good answer!