More practice= worse playing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamba21500, Oct 5, 2011.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    On the other hand ... try to get as close to human as perfectly possible.

turtlejimmy likes this.
  2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Kingtrumpet, this is the one to focus on. Study it closely. And if this is too deep for you, than just settle with the following:

On the other hand... there's skin.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    KT,
    nope not copy and paste. Judging from the frequency of the issue, it probably qualifies as an original sin from Adam and Eves days however. If time is interesting for you, check the times that I post. I live near Frankfurt, so 6 hours ahead of New York.

What AMAZES me is that with the internet we have essentially unlimited access to information. Mankind is not getting smarter however. The why to this is pretty interesting. Information is not knowledge. There is simply a lot of lame advice between the real tidbits and the uninformed don't have the tools to determine the difference. That is why I get excited sometimes.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    no, that's cool -- I was merely checking to see if you had optimized a computer system to answer all of the redundant questions -- BUT if you are 6 hours ahead of New York -- then I am either 6 hours late, or 18 hours ahead --- such a confusing thing -- TIME!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
    Of course in Einstein's theory of relativity (actually it is proven now) -- TIME is relevant and changes with the speed at which one is traveling. Hence astronauts going into space and traveling the earth at 17,000 miles per hour are actually not aging as fast as us on earth --- I suppose that isn't relative to this post either --- ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    clearly the advice is always the same for both trumpet and dating ---- if you are getting worse with practice -- then you are doing something wrong --- and you should take a day or two off and rest. ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. Hornman1

Hornman1 Pianissimo User

Oct 2, 2009
    Mississippi coast
    Simple you practice enuff but may playy too much. Cauliflower lip!!! Get the book by Raphael Mendez Prelude to Brass Playing

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I am pretty sure you need cartilage in the tissue to develop this. I am unaware of cartilage in the lip, but I will bone up on the topic to make sure.

8. Hornman1

Hornman1 Pianissimo User

Oct 2, 2009
    Mississippi coast
    no just kidding lol go to you tube and watch Al hirt on the johnny cash show it was a skit they did one of the people in the saloon said well you knowww al been playing so much lately he may loose (it was a trumpet battle between him and the bad guy using trumpets) and one guy said yeppp cauliflower lip! lol Get the Mendez book though on amazon 9 chapters on breath and embouchure development He was the greatest that ever lived.

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Might be if there weren't mitigating factors. But the actual time mathematics for travel in space are NOT what we are familiar with on earth. In fact, you'd encounter big errors in computing the navigation to travel over great distances on earth if you relied solely on our common timepieces. You must do a Euphremis calculation as utilizes Sidereal time. Through the Korean War, Aeronautical Chart and Information Center in St Louis used to publish quarterly tables of these Eupremis calculations, but now such can be accomplished even more precisely by onboard computers. No, it ain't possible to sit still as your parents and teachers told you to do, and the reason for this is that the earth is moving and you with it. Time difference between New York and Frankfort said to be be six hours earlier local time and there is aircraft now that can fly it in less than half that ... local times.

10. Hornman1

Hornman1 Pianissimo User

Oct 2, 2009
    Mississippi coast
    Hey Ed. what you smokin? lol got any left? ;)