most disappointing trumpet moment

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by songbook, Dec 5, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm -- I am right up there with you guys ---- I won't argue who is first, or second, etc -----BUT OLE KT here can also play the trombone, and switch back and forth between the trumpet and trombone (in a song) without missing a beat. BESIDES, I can play things like the Star Spangled Banner and such, UP AN OCTAVE with both instruments --- and have it sound NICE.. yeah, it's not all about the high notes, I have good sound on ALL NOTES ----- and with the trumpet and trombone ------ I got the BRASS TO SAY, I AM RIGHT UP THERE WITH YOU GUYS,, YEAH, I got the BRASS!!! and that is all the attitude I need to play!!!! ----ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    KT, try the C piccolo part on your Bb trumpet up an octave (va8) in The Stars and Stripes, Forever! Then again, I'm sure you wouldn't sound like Al Hirt when you play the Star Spangled Banner, and neither would I.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    no -- I am not exactly sure what Al does(did) in the Superdome appearance, it was just a lot of valves and sound, I mean it was very cool, and very different than I have heard before ----------------------------- so, I don't quite sound like Al Hirt, cause I can't repeat exactly what he did, then again, I am ONLY TRYING TO SOUND LIKE ME --- so some comparisons are rather --- irrelevant!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. 11thchair

11thchair Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2005
    Evansville In
    Have at it. No copyright as far as I know.

5. 11thchair

11thchair Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2005
    Evansville In
    It could have been worse. My buddy, Doug, the one I was talking to, was demoted from 2nd to 12th chair each time. He would never challenge me. So we worked our way back 2 times. The 3rd time Doug quit challenging. I made it back to 2nd trumpet when positions were frozen for concert. I should check if there is a 12thchair in the forum...

6. Kukushi3

Kukushi3 New Friend

Oct 22, 2012
    Alaska
    When I was a freshman in highschool I was playing for a small group of people, but one of them happened to be a senetor for my state (who soon after became governer) I was signed up to play a duet with a Junior, he no-showed, and gave me no notice, so on the spot I sight red some solo music out of a book (I picked songs at complete random because I'd never heard any of them) it didn't go as bad as it could have, but it was absolutely humiliating.