most disappointing trumpet moment

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by songbook, Dec 5, 2012.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    and beyond!!!

2. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    Funny yet very dissapointing mistake I made.

I was being interviewed on a national news show for NBC, holding my flugelhorn. The host of the show asked me for a few bars... I lean in to play.... no mouthpiece.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That wouldn't stop me. I love doing crazy and wild things with my instrument, like play without a mouthpiece... or even better yet, play the mouthpiece without the horn.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    You're undoubtedly right ... "beyond" my life here on earth as I project 2050 will be.

5. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    When I did get the mouthpeice in, I was so flustered, I sounded like a chicken strangling a kitten, twice. Needless to say when the segment ended, and the camera was turned off, the host, the cameraman and I had a good laugh.

6. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    This wasn't me, alone, necessarily, but another High School kid and myself were playing behind the curtain for the younger kids for a Christmas program at church.
    The other guy got to laughing uncontrollably. He was playing the melody, I the second part. He stopped playing all together, and I was left playing the not so meaningful harmony part. I spent some moments trying to decide whether to jump to the melody or try to wait it out for him to regain his composure. Well, it never was regained, and the song was over, no melody happening. It was very funny though.

7. 11thchair

11thchair Pianissimo User

Jan 27, 2005
    Evansville In
    Most disappointing? My shrink is working on it.

Doc does not think it was when my H.S. band director announced to the band that he was sure I would break into the music business.

Because I could never find the key..

Or when I was demoted from 1st chair to 11th chair for the 3rd time that semester for talking or crossing my legs. (note my handle)

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    :thumbsup:

9. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    And Mom and Dad are proud as can be!!! Just kidding. I like that story. What kind of director does that? If you can play the part, take other disciplinary measures, don't cut off your nose to spite your face, so to speak!

10. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    I'm going to have to steal that one. It's brilliant.