Most Unusual Request

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Dec 1, 2013.

1. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I have played churches, dances, concerts, parties, civic events, sporting events,sat in with school music programs, and Taps at funerals. A couple of weeks ago I was a little surprised when I got a request to play a Christmas themed tea party for a little girl. It seems that scheduling conflicts have put the party on hold this year, but I am "booked" for said party next year. For some reason adding child's tea party to my resume strikes my funny bone a little. I'll do it and do my best because you never know what even the smallest job can lead to or mean to someone. I also give props to the family that is willing to hire a musician to make a little girl's tea party a special event.

What is the most unusual gig that you have been asked to play?

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    At a "Get to know music" event at a kindergarten. They were very happy about it and failed to pay...

3. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    As a herald in a school play tootling a little fanfare every so often. Stood left front of stage for the entire thing wearing a short green tunic and a pair of yellow tights. Not a pretty sight!

4. Juarez-MA

Juarez-MA Pianissimo User

Mar 14, 2012
    Seth. Wins.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Playing a swingers party. There are some wild ranges of moral values in these United States. We did see many couples "United" that evening.

6. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Wow! The bar has been raised! I'll stick to tea parties.

7. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Well Doc, you may have me beat. 35 odd years ago I was asked to get a combo together for a club that, shall we say, provided graphically sapphic ecdysiastical entertainment for it's patrons.
    We were never paid either. To add insult to injury, I couldn't date any if the performers for obvious reasons.:cry:

8. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    And that was just last year

9. Harky

Harky Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2013
    Lancaster, PA
    What no attached photo? :-(

10. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played a retirement party for a horse. A studding horse.