Most Unusual Request

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Du hast recht...

[​IMG]

2. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Swabbies. I ~love~ the threads, me Bucko.

3. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    I got booked to play at a librarians convention. They all had tweed smokers coats with suede elbow pads, beards without mustaches and smoked pipes. the manager asked us to stop playing and see if we could run up the bar tab as it was the only way he would make money. We duly obliged.
    i also got booked by a spoons player. I was going to say no. Then he produced an album cover with him and Frank Zappa on it. Being a Zappa fan, I reassessed my position. Good enough for zappa, good enough for me.

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    and with free drinks on the house?

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I just got asked to come to a rehearsal for a play where the opening scene is a band rehearsal. The rehearsal for the rehearsal is actually longer than the rehearsal.:huh::huh::huh::huh:

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Better than free drinks FROM the house!!!

7. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    So, how many of you have played for a free meal at an event, and then been ushered away from the paying guests to the kitchen or a back room for your meal?...:lol:

8. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Been there done that...more than a few times. Makes you realize where you rank!

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Isn't that S.O.P.??:roll:

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I knew a guy whose band was booked at a club that didn't allow musicians in the front door. The stage was just inside the front door. As they walked in, the maitre d was all in a dither and told them they had to go around back and come in the basement, go up a flight of stairs, use the elevator, come through the kitchen, walk through the ballroom, then setup on the stage! My friend said, "We come in the front or we go home "! The maitre d refused, so they started packing up! When the reality of their leaving hit the maitre d, he really got into a dither!! Long story short, they always came in the front door after that (yeah they were that good) .