Mountains & Valleys project update...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bwanabass, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    Hi all,

A year ago, I began collaborating from my home studio on an indie-folk project called Mountains and Valleys. Merritt, the songwriter, would send me tracks, and I would create horn arrangements to layer into the songs. This was really my first foray into recording, and only my second time playing trumpet/flugel on a record. After a lot of work and sending tracks back and forth through cyberspace, we finished the project. We are really proud of the end product.

Now, almost a year after the first notes were played, the album is done and the CDs just came in. The whole album is available to check out and download from Bandcamp, and hard copies are available as well (in limited quantity). Please check it out, and if you are interested in a CD, they are available for you to order now! The album is also available on Amazon, iTunes, and Spotify.

The record is getting spins mainly on college radio mainly around New York State, including Syracuse University, SUNY Fredonia, and Ithaca College.

Here is a link:
    Mountains & Valleys

Here are a couple links to some press we have received recently:
    BUFFABLOG

Daily Orange

Check it out if you have a moment! I would love to hear some feedback from you guys and gals. We will begin working on another set of tunes soon, now that we have the Intarwebs collab thing down pat. :D

2. fuzzyhaze

fuzzyhaze Mezzo Piano User

Nov 22, 2009
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK
    Listening now! Nice, you've got a bit of a Lambchop thing going on there. Very mellow and understated!

3. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I liked it enough to buy it. Very nice!

--bumblebee

4. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    Thank you so much! Understated is an understatement! The horns, for the most part were there for color and to add a bit of depth to the overall sound. There are a few songs in which the horns are featured a bit more. Fuzzy, what do you mean by a Lambchop thing? Lol This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend...