mouthpiece cases

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by darthtrumpet, Mar 3, 2004.

1. darthtrumpet

darthtrumpet New Friend

Mar 3, 2004
    does anyone know where I could find good mouthpiece cases? I'm talking about something that would hold more than 5 or 6. thanks.

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
  3. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    Try GR Tech (the mouthpiece makers). They offer cases that hold 8 and 24 mouthpieces...at least they did in the past since as I own one of each!

Butch

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    "Try GR Tech (the mouthpiece makers). They offer cases that hold 8 and 24 mouthpieces...at least they did in the past since as I own one of each! "

hearing that they make a 24 case for mpcs makes me NOT want to try their mouthpieces!!!

5. chetbaker

chetbaker Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2003
    GEORGIA
    After you've played for over 35 years a 24-mouthpiececase comes in REAL handy. In fact two or three of them don't seem to be enough...unless you're the type that is comfortable with "shoe boxes"! Let's just shake the box up real good and see how many rim-dings we can get on those $100 pieces! (just kidding!!!) :lol:

Butch

6. B. Scriver

B. Scriver New Friend

Jan 29, 2004
    GR Technologies does not make these cases. We have them made to our specifications and these designs are propriety to GR Technologies. They were designed for dealer display cases not for the direct consumer. Many have seen these fine cases at shows and have asked to purchase them, especially teachers. We sell them as a service, not to advocate you need 24 mouthpieces. Many people use the 24 mpc case for collecting or storage. If you put some anti-tarnish strips in the case it will preserve the mouthpieces over time.

The 8 mouthpiece case is used by many symphonic players that play a variety of horns in all keys and require different mouthpieces on these different horns. This will fit in a double or triple case slot and protect the mouthpieces better than any soft case. Many people with large Monette collections have purchased many of these cases to protect their investment.

"hearing that they make a 24 case for mpcs makes me NOT want to try their mouthpieces!!!"

Good. With closed minded thinking like that, we would rather you represented another mouthpiece manufacturer.

If we didn't have mouthpiece cases how would we get the mouthpieces to a show or dealer for you to try? Would you just toss them into a bucket and dump it on a table for guys to pick through?

Brian Scriver
    www.grmouthpieces.com/accessories.htm

7. Thevor

Thevor Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2003
    Next to the Volcano
    Good. With closed minded thinking like that, we would rather you represented another mouthpiece manufacturer.

If we didn't have mouthpiece cases how would we get the mouthpieces to a show or dealer for you to try? Would you just toss them into a bucket and dump it on a table for guys to pick through?

It's about a MP case, for goodness sake!

8. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    JHC

9. DrunkIQ

DrunkIQ Pianissimo User

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    I have to agree that a big one can be useful

I have a 4 piece leather one which is full....

let's see...

some may need:

1 piccolo mpc
    1 flugel horn mpc
    1 cornet mpc
    1 lead mpc
    1 legit mpc (probably more - 1 for Bb, 1 for C, 1 for Eb, etc)

Maybe I should get one that can hold 8 in case I get a cornet or buy an Eb horn and decide I want a difffernt MPC for that.

Besides the dealers, I can see where someone would like a big one if they have students and want to carry them around so students can try some. It is way eaiser to have a 24 piece holder then messing with bublle wrap all the time.

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    How about just buying a cartridge belt? :) (or two?)