Mouthpiece Express.com Problem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by etranger, Jan 12, 2010.

1. DivineWind

DivineWind New Friend

Jan 17, 2009
    Last year, I sold a collectible mouthpiece via ebay to a gent in Germany, I believe it was...or, perhaps, the Czech Repub. or some Euro-state in that area....and, it took quite a while, but finally did make it through the in-processing. It MAY still show up, indeed....

2. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    I've had experienced positive dealings with Miouthpiece Express in the past. However, I am from the USA where shipping appears much easier than shipments going to Europe. It appears Canada is not a problem either. It does appear that shipping to Europe poses considerable more time for the products from the USA to arrive. Having said that, It does appear that email communication hasn't been utilized by the seller to keep the buyer up to date with his/her order. I am appalled that a consumer would be told to shop elsewhere in spite of their order not being received.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    International shipments are easy. You put the stuff in a box, fill out the FEDEX or DHL form out and you get a tracking number and don't have to call them about where it is. Everything is on the internet. They handle the customs clearance. Those companies do almost all of the work for you. All you have to do is get the process started!

Using the US Postal system is a pain where the sun does not shine. No tracking info and YOU have to run to customs to pick the thing up. At the end of the day it is more expensive because of wasting your time.

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    I bought some mouthpieces from them and never had any problem (living in France).

5. 3 weelin geezer

3 weelin geezer New Friend

Feb 27, 2009
    Perhaps they DID send it out in which case, it is in the hands of the shipper. To blame MPE because of the shipper not wanting to look for something 'so small' probably won't net anything. Sometimes, customers contact me and start threatening with lawsuits before they even state their name or what the problem is. Usually, it takes longer to figure out whats wrong as they insist on beating around the bush. Perhaps it would be more productive to obtain a tracking number and find out where the shipper sent it to. It may be somewhere in Timbuktu or on a shelf, with a partial or illegible address, waiting for the owner to claim it. I ordered a mellophone m/p from them and it got here just fine.

6. etranger

etranger New Friend

Oct 16, 2009
    Europe
    First of all, the problem is that they offer to replace lost/damaged orders for extra insurance amount (I paid that), and they refuse to do so. Hell, they refuse to answer my e-mails! They did not answer my e-mail PRIOR to ordering. So much about customer care.

From what I understood, if your order arrives, everything is ok. If there is anything you need to ask them, if there is any trouble with your order (lost/damaged, etc.), you can forget it and kiss your money goodbye.

It's not about partial or illegible address. I don't see how I could have written an illegible address over the net. Also, I know where I live, so it's not partial either ;) :D

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Generally speaking, you're absolutely correct. But this is not the issue with MPE.

This is the issue.

The lady who works for MPE is competent and capable, as long as your order is straight forward. This is the way she was with many orders I placed. But as soon as there was something irregular, she gave me the silent treatment ... as she is giving etranger.

Did Robert Chernault reply to you about this?

8. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    For the sake of discussion, it would be helpful to know the story/situation from the perspective of Mouthpiece Express.com as this matter is taking on a "one-sided" perspective.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

9. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I agree, but one-sided perspective is typical of forum discussion because the other party is not available and/or willing to participate. It would be very helpful if someone from MPE would post here with "the rest of the story" (apologies to Paul Harvey). But, from the sound of things, they will not even respond to the customer, let alone to the entire world in a forum post.

As someone who has managed customer service departments for several companies and now does consulting on customer service, it would be doubly interesting for me to find out what could go so terribly wrong on their end that they will not even communicate. Certainly anybody can easily understand items lost by the shipper or held in customs, etc., but when the shipper refuses to even address the issue or - worse yet - tells the customer to pound sand, that is a pretty clear sign that something is off track.

10. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi etranger. Did this ever get resolved?